If you’ve ever been the designated trip organizer for your friends, classmates, or family, you probably know the endless amount of time it takes for such planning. But fear not, because WeTravel can save you time by helping you create an itinerary for your group trip. And for those of you who are new to this whole organizing group trips thing, we’ve also got you covered! Here’s a list of things to consider when planning your next trip!
A Place to Stay
When planning a group tour, the first and foremost thing to consider should be ensuring a comfortable place to stay for your fellow travelers. Consider the number of travelers in your group you plan on accommodating and booking a place in advance for the best deals. If you prefer cheaper deals, booking off season is probably your best bet, but be aware that there might be harsher weather conditions during the off season. Finding a place to stay is the most important step to take before inviting your group to book their flights.
Where to Eat
The biggest pain point of leading tours for large groups is finding a place that will accommodate large parties in advance. To save yourself the hassle of booking reservations that are sometimes not readily available, pick places that allow the customers to order at the front counter. That way, you can find a place to sit together in the back or you can break up the group and offer them the freedom to sit with whomever they want.
This depends on where your destination is, but transportation is (almost) everywhere! If you have a group of 4-6 people, offering a mini taxi van is a great option for taking your travelers where they need to be. For larger parties, renting a limo or bus will most likely save the group more money in the end.
Walking or Bus Tours
Walking tours are a great way to stay active while on vacation. Just don’t forget to bring your camera because nothing beats a guided walking tour that offers great photo taking opportunities! Depending on the age group, sometimes optioning for a bus tour is better than taking on a walking tour due to the physical exertion required. Bus tours are a great way to relax, sit back, take in great sites, and enjoy the ride.
For those of you looking to escape the cold, a relaxing beach destination during the “off season” could be a great opportunity to keep your marvelous tan year-round and a helpful way for you to save some money on travel. If you plan on escaping the heat, having an off season adventure will give you more bang for your buck. There are a plethora of locations around the world that have “on and off season” deals, so you can decide which one suits you the most.
Things to Do
- There are lots of activities offered for large groups in every city, country and destination. For example, sport activities such as snorkeling, scuba diving and fishing, always allow for large groups to book spaces that accommodate large parties. Just make sure you bring your waterproof camera or purchase a waterproof bag to prevent any unwanted accidents during your trip.
- Nothing beats laying out a beach towel, kicking off your sandals and soaking in the sun at a nearby beach. The best thing about bumming out and catching some rays is that it is entirely free wherever you go!
- If you’re a group staying outside the city, ask your host if they offer rides from the resort to enjoy the exciting nightlife in the city. A local could offer you transportation that will take you straight into the city.
- Art museums are more appreciated when you’ve done research in advance through the internet or programs. Not doing your research in advance might cause you to miss some things, like a close up of the Mona Lisa at the Louvre. If you’re curious about what each museum has to offer, check out their information desk for a proper run through. Many art museums offer tours and a brief history of the artists and paintings for those who crave culture and facts.
- Many people yawn at the thought of visiting a historical museum, but think about how knowledge is power. By learning about different historical events, you figure out how events in the past are essential to understanding the present and guiding our future.
- If you are curious and want to visit some old ruins, try going to a historical site to get a greater sense of the culture’s history. These sites will highlight cultural roots, which will definitely wow you and lead you to learn more about the lives of past peoples.
Featured Image Source: Afroz Nawaf