Pursuant to my globe-trotting declarations earlier this year, Wolf and I went on a spur of the moment trip of a lifetime to Bali. Spontaneous as can be, there was minimal planning prior to boarding our long haul flight from Boston. Even after 24+ hrs in flight and a relaxing 14 hour layover in Doha, we weren’t entirely sure what we were in for before setting our sights on the Island.
Some say the Island is overrated, a place crawling with tourists searching for unrealistic ideals and the “Eat, Pray, Love” effect. [Full Disclosure: limit your expectations and the ideas you have about the island to allow yourself to truly experience Bali for what it is and not what you want it to be.] To call Bali the ‘Island of the Gods‘ is not overgenerous.
Bali is a place that has been reborn and evolved over the years. When you go on the trip of a lifetime to Bali, you can indulge in the upbeat westernized scenes of Kuta. You can escape to the island of Nusa Dua for lush resorts. You can even rid yourself of all pretensions by stepping away for a relaxing low key hippie vibe in Jimbaran.
How To Go On The Trip of A Lifetime To Bali
Bali is host to some of the most incredible, private beaches I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing. Nothing short of the warmest weather, the whitest sands and clearest waters. Make sure to bring your sunscreen, lightweight clothes and wide brim hats!
As mentioned before, we ventured to Bali with no itinerary which left room for spontaneity, uncharted waters and opportunities to take in all that Bali has to offer. With no schedules and no restrictions, we roamed the streets aimlessly.
I was lucky enough to truly experience the gorgeousness that is Bali. You must visit the Island to experience its beauty, wonders as well as it’s flaws. Many shy away from Bali for its reputation of terrible traffic, loud noise and boozy tourists which is not untrue. However, the moment you step out of Kuta you are rewarded with serene paddy fields and all the Instagram-worthy places your heart desires.
What To Do in Bali
- Wander the shops in Seminyak Square
- Spend an afternoon exploring the sacred Monkey Forest
- Hang on the beaches in Nusa Dua
- Explore the rock cliff in Jimbaran
- Make many visits to beach clubs along side Kuta beach for the best sunsets on the Island.
- Immerse yourself in Paradise, Discover the history of Indonesia, its culture, religion and people.
- Discover the hidden wonders of Bali by exploring the Town of Ubud and Ubud Palace.
- Tegalalang Rice Terrace, Batuan Temple, Garuda Wisnu Kencana and many more fascinating sights for vacation memories that will stay with you long after your tan fades.
Where To Stay in Bali
- Lounge in Luxury at the Alila Seminyak – Stay at the Alila in Seminyak for a location close to the charming upbeat streets of Bali.
- Need a break from the city? Hike to Balangan beach and book a stay at the secluded La Joya li Bui Bui or its neighbor, Ayana Resort.
- There are also many saucy Airbnb locations on the Island to satisfy your need for luxe accommodations.
Where To Eat, Drink & Play in Bali
- Sip cocktails, watch sunsets, and take a dip in the best infinity pools.
- Head to the Rock Bar for drinks and the best sunset on the island.
- The Potato Head BeachClub for more sunset drinks and night swims.
- Visit Fat Turtle in the heart of Seminyak for breakfast/brunch fueling.
- Make a stop at Bossman Burger for a late night snack attack.
- Other must visited locations include; Dim Sum Inc, Barbacoa, Gelato Factory, The Moose Espresso Bar, Hotel Mexicola and Nula Bowls.
I went on the trip of a lifetime to Bali, and it was one of the most eye-opening times of my life that I’m dying to relive – so much so that we have organized a trip to the Island for January 2017 and you have the chance to come with us!
Shoot us an email with inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org