Overview – Gilgit Hunza Karimabad, Gojal Tour
Gilgit tour refers to the tour of valleys around Gilgit town. Gilgit is a town while the valley’s like Hunza Valley & Naltar are about an hour or two drives away from the Gilgit City. Hunza Valley is situated in further north of Gilgit and it takes about an hour and a half to reach from Gilgit. The total distance from Gilgit to Hunza is 100kms. Nagar Valley is the valley that is located in between Hunza and Gilgit. One has to pass through Nagar Valley to reach Hunza Valley from Gilgit. Naltar Valley is located in the northwest of Gilgit and is about an hour's drive away from Gilgit City.
Hunza Valley is the main attraction of Gilgit Tour as the valley offers a variety in landscape and scenic beauty. The valley has been blessed with freshwater streams, majestic mountains and peaks, glaciers, and lakes. Karimabad is considered to be the main bazaar of Hunza Valley. Many good standard hotels and restaurants have been constructed in Karimabad including a chain of Serena Hotels. Mountain Cup is an eatery one must visit and try out the local sweet delights with a cup of coffee. Another attraction in Hunza Valley on Gilgit tour is the visits to the old Altit Fort and Baltit Fort. Both forts have been rehabilitated by the Aga Khan Trust for Culture and Heritage.
Another attraction on Gilgit tour is the hooper glacier in Nagar Valley and a daylong jeep ride to Naltar Valley. Gilgit tour won’t be complete if you have not visited the Khunjerab Top, which is also known as the Pak-China border. The ride on the road to the khunjerab top is an adventure of a lifetime. Some activities that can be done are going for a walk on Hussaini suspension bridge, boating and swimming in borith and atabad lake, a hike to passu or hooper glacier or to ultqar meadows.
Highlights – Gilgit Tour
Gilgit tour has a lot to offer. Given below are the main highlights of Gilgit tour.
· Experience the culture of ethnic minority communities of Hunza
· Participate and dance to the tunes of Hunza drums
· Enjoy Hunzai and Pakistani cuisine
· Opportunity to interact with Hunza's community members including men, women and children
· View of hundreds of peaks including Rakaposhi (7,708m) and Passu Sar (7,478m) and Ultar Sar (7,388m) in the Karakoram Range
· Rivers (Hunza, Gilgit, Indus, Kunhar), tributaries and streams
· Babusar Pass (4,173m), Khunjerab Pass (4,733m) and Attabad tunnel (7km)
· Valleys of northern Pakistan including Hunza, Nagar, Naltar, Besham/Kaghan and Naran etc
· Lakes including Attabad, Lulusar, Naltar and Batura
· Glaciers including Passu, Batura and Hussaini etc
· Khunjerab National Park and Naltar Wildlife Sanctuary
· Sightseeing of forts (Altit and Baltit)
· Bazaars of Karimabad, Aliabad, and Naran
· Karakoram Highway and Ancient Silk Route
· Drive through towns of Haripur, Abbottabad, Mansehra etc
· Sightseeing in Islamabad & Rawalpindi
· Make new friends
· Discounted cultural travel
arrival at Islamabad International by flight??? After welcome reception you will be driven to the hotel and dinner will be served at the hotel