Left Coast is proud to present our 6th Annual, National Yoga Alliance Certified, 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Yoga Teacher Training is a life-changing opportunity to explore every facet of the Yoga Practice.
Some of our folks take YTT because they wish to teach. Some do it to deepen and understand their own practice.
Our graduated teachers have gone on to teach at local studios, schools, places of work, detention centers, and just about everywhere in between.
We feel that YTT is the antidote to the modern world. Where society pulls us apart, it brings us together. Where online culture lets us tread lightly, YTT draws us in deep. This is not an easy journey, but it is a worthwhile one.
There will be tears and breakthroughs.
We curate each new class based on an oral and written application process.
Please send us an email and we will set up an opportunity for an interview.
We recommend a minimum of one year of yoga practice before embarking on this journey,
Some testimonials from previous Graduating Classes:
“This training has deepened my own yoga practice, opened my eyes to yoga anatomy, philosophy, pranayama & sequencing. If you are thinking of embarking on a yoga journey there is no better place to start than with the Left Coast Yoga Teacher Training. Thank you to all the teachers involved in the program, and to the other 2021 graduates.” (Graduate 2021)
“I am truly sad that the training has ended. I learned so much about yoga and about myself, while making some wonderful new friends. I would highly recommend Left Coast's teacher training to anyone who is interested in deepening their practice. Thanks so much for the wonderful experience.” (Graduate 2021)
“Overall I really enjoyed this journey. So blessed to be part of this community of trainers/trainees and YTT. What a journey! The YTT was very well planned and executed.”
I loved being a part of this teacher training! I joined the group in order to deepen my yoga practice, learn more about anatomy and alignment, and to build community, and all three of those goals were met. The teachers were knowledgable, the learning was a great mix of didactic and experiential, and the people in my group are wonderful. I recommend this training to anyone who wants to expand their knowledge of yoga and to build teaching skills. (Graduate 2022)
I feel very welcome at left coast and it has a special place in my heart! I loved that the retreat was included and that you did a little graduation ceremony! Great touches! And the mentor sessions were extremely helpful in preparing for the final. I also love that you continue to support student learning after the program. I felt really bonded with my group in the end and was given the space to grow and learn in a loving, authentic environment. I had many powerful moments throughout. I hope to take another training with you all someday! (Graduate 2022)
The training has 4 components:
1. “Every Other Weekend” Format at our Grand Ave Studio:
Jan 6th - 7th
Jan 20th - 21st
Feb 3rd - 4th
Feb 17th - 18th
March 2nd - 3rd
March 16th - 17th
Apr 6th - 7th
April 20th - 21st
May 4th -5th
Optional One Day Retreat for Graduates: Saturday May 11th
Weekend Times: Saturday: 10:30am to 5:30pm (lunch 1:30 - 2:30pm)
Sunday: 10:30am to 5:30pm (lunch 1:30 - 2:30pm)
Attendance requirements (important) You may miss two full days without penalty. If you miss more than that, you must make up additional time in a private session at the rate of one hour for every 3 hours missed. The rate for a private session is $100/hour. There is no splitting or sharing of private sessions. (Therefore, if between Jan 6th and May 5th you have a lot or travel planned on our Training Weekends, this is NOT the appropriate time to take YTT.)
2. We will also meet EVERY THURSDAY from 6:30 - 7:45pm from mid Jan - thru May 2nd at our Grand Ave studio. You may miss two of these with no penalty.
There are 9 weekends of 15 hours each (135 hours) plus 25 hours of Thursday night meetings for a total of 155 contact hours. If you miss more than 20 contact hours, you cannot make up the hours, and we cannot give you a teaching certificate, even if you have paid for your training.
3. Additionally, every students is required to fulfill a weekly 2 hour Karma Yogi shift at one of our studios. This can include checking-in classes, assisting a teacher, cleaning and other help around the studio to give back to the general yogi community. We recommend doing your weekly shift around a class you regularly attend, and supporting a teacher you would like to mentor with. You will be signed in and out by staff to make sure this requirement is fulfilled.
4. Each student is required to attend two Left Coast Power Yoga classes per week, minimum. You will be granted an Unlimited Membership during the time of the training. This requirement is self-paced.
5. Homework: There will be short written homework assignments after some of our sessions, totaling about 1/2 hour each week, for a total of around 10 hours of homework.
Early Bird Pricing: $3000 (thru October 1st)
Late Bird Pricing: $3400 (after October 1st). These dates are firm.
Additionally, we will require you to purchase several books, (which can be purchased "used" in most cases.)
1. A $500 deposit is required at the time of booking.
2. Six Monthly payments will be billed to your bank account or credit card (must be paid off by start of program).
3. We will close registration on December 15th, 2023 or when 20 students have registered.
We will be requiring a minimum of 12 paid students and a maximum of 20 students for this program.
Please note: There are no refunds for Teacher Training.
Whitney Walsh - Alignment, Anatomy
Rachel Rajput - Sequencing, Teaching Methodology
Zach Beach - Sanskrit, Partner Yoga
Adam Kurzfeld - Pranayama, Bandhas, Ayurveda
Malka Lew - Bhakti Yoga
...more guest instructors to be announced as we draw closer to our Training Dates!
Save $400 by paying your tuition in full upon registration. This option is available through December 15th.
Thank you for choosing this option!
The Early Bird Payment Plan is intended to spread out your payments to make your tuition investment more manageable.
For folks who missed the Early Bird registration, but are able to put their deposit down before November 15th!
For folks who are able put their deposit down between November 15th and December 15th! Registration will close December 15th.