This 5-Day Great Serengeti Migration (Western Corridor) Safari package has been designed specifically to focus on and to increase your chance to see the great Serengeti Wildebeest Migration. By the end of April, the wildebeest migration starts to spread west across the plains towards the Seronera area (central Serengeti) and Western Corridor (western Serengeti). The majority of the migration can normally be seen in the Seronera area (or just south of the Seronera, in the southern plains) from April to May. In June the majority of the migration can then be found in the Western Corridor. The Western Corridor is a narrow stretch of land that stretches from the west of Seronera to the Western Serengeti National Park border. The Western corridor is one of the areas where the migrating animals are forced to cross the Grumeti River. This normally happens when the animals leave the southern plains and begin heading north. Please note witnessing a crossing is a matter of luck.
Our 6 days Migration wildlife safaris, tours, holidays and travel packages, have been designed specifically to focus on and to increase your chance to see the great Serengeti wildebeest migration. We have designed the itinerary to include both the Seronera area (central Serengeti National Park) and Western corridor (western Serengeti National Park) where the majority of the wildebeest migration can normally be found from May to June. To save on unnecessary travel time and to increase your game viewing time, this itinerary has been designed that you fly back from the Serengeti National Park to Arusha town. The itinerary also include a visit to the world famous Ngorongoro Crater.
0. Kilimanjaro Airport - Arusha
1. Arusha - Serengeti
2. Serengeti (Central Seronera) –Western Serengeti (western Corridor)
3. Western Serengeti (western Corridor)– Back central Seronera
4. Serengeti (Central Seronera) - Ngorongoro
5. Ngorongoro Crater – Back to Arusha
On this day you leave Moshi or Arusha town; the base town for safaris in the northern Tanzania and along the Arusha – Dodoma highway a scenic drive towards the Serengeti National Park viaNgorongoroConservation area. You will pass by a supermarket (if you wish) for some last-minute shopping of any personal effects that you may need. You’ll arrive Serengeti at the rate afternoon.
Serengeti National Park – with its endless plains, rolling into the distance as far as the eye can see. We’ll proceed to the Lobo area which is located just north of the Seronera area (central Serengeti National Park). The wildebeest migration, normally pass through the Lobo area every year around July / August en-route to the Kenya’s Masai Mara Game Reserve and again in late October / November en-route to the southern Serengeti National Park.
You can break up the drive with some or both of thebelow activities:
• Olduvai Gorge Museum: Sometimes known as the Cradle of Mankind, the Olduvai Gorge Museum commemorates some of the oldest evidence of human habitation ever found. Here you will see some of the oldest fossil evidence in the world of human habitation, visit the Olduvai Gorge Museum to learn more about the human journey, and take in the stunning views of this stark gorge country.
• Maasai boma visit: You will visit one of the famous Maasai bomas, where you'll have the opportunity to witness (and participate in) traditional Maasai dance, tour an authentic Maasai village, and even do a little souvenir shopping at the local market.
Both of the above activities are excluded in your Tour (additional cost is Needed).
Arrive the Serengeti in the late afternoon for an Evening game drive until Evening when you will check in at a Camp/lodge, dinner and overnight. Lunch is taken at one of the Picnic sites most likely at the Naabi Hill Gate where you will also get the chance to stretch your legs as your guide sorts out the registration and relevant paperwork. Dinner and overnight at Serengeti. All meals included.
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
overnight stay – (Serengeti – Central Serengeti)
• BUDGET CAMPING –
Nyani (Seronera) Public Campsite | Pimbi Public campsite
• MID-RANGE LODGES –
Katikati Tented Lodge | Kenzan Tented Camp | Kiota Tented Camp | Serengeti Wilderness Camp
• LUXURY LODGES –
Serengeti Serena Lodge | Serengeti Wildlife Lodge | Angata Serengeti | Asanja Moru | Dunia Camp (ASILIA AFRICA) | Kiota Camp | Serengeti Sopa Lodge
• SUPPER LUXURY LODGES – Four Season Safari Lodge | Melia Serengeti Lodge | &Beyond Serengeti Under Canvas |