This 6-Day Great Serengeti Migration Safari package has been designed specifically to focus on and to increase your chance to see the great Serengeti Northern Serengeti Wildebeest Migration (mara river crossing) including a full day in central Serengeti and Ngorongoro crater. We have designed the itinerary to include both the Lobo area (area north of the central Serengeti National Park) and Wagakuria area (remote northern Serengeti National Park) where the majority of the wildebeest migration can normally be found from Mid-july to October. This itinerary has been designed that you Drive/Drive back from the Serengeti National Park to Arusha town. The itinerary also include a visit to the world famous Ngorongoro Crater.
Mid-july through October, the migration heads north, out of the central Serengeti, splitting into two routes. The main group heads into the western corridor crossing the Grumeti River in spectacular stampedes. Enormous crocodiles wait patiently to snatch wildebeests as they surge across the river. The wildebeest continue to move steadily across the Grumeti region, making another perilous river crossing to cross the Mara River and reach the lush grazing in Kenya's Masai Mara.
0. Kilimanjaro Airport - Arusha
1. Arusha - Serengeti
2. Serengeti (Central Seronera)
3. Serengeti (Central Seronera) - Northern Serengeti (Kogatende)
4. Northern Serengeti (Kogatende) – Back central Seronera
5. Serengeti (Central Seronera) - Ngorongoro
6. Ngorongoro Crater – Back Arusha
On this day you leave Moshi or Arusha town; the base town for safaris in the northern Tanzania and along the Arusha – Dodoma highway a scenic drive towards the Serengeti National Park viaNgorongoroConservation area.
You will pass by a supermarket (if you wish) for some last-minute shopping of any personal effects that you may need. You’ll arrive Serengeti at the rate afternoon.
Serengeti National Park – with its endless plains, rolling into the distance as far as the eye can see. We’ll proceed to the Lobo area which is located just north of the Seronera area (central Serengeti National Park). The wildebeest migration, normally pass through the Lobo area every year around July / August en-route to the Kenya’s Masai Mara Game Reserve and again in late October / November en-route to the southern Serengeti National Park.
You can break up the drive with some or both of thebelow activities:
• Olduvai Gorge Museum: Sometimes known as the Cradle of Mankind, the Olduvai Gorge Museum commemorates some of the oldest evidence of human habitation ever found. Here you will see some of the oldest fossil evidence in the world of human habitation, visit the Olduvai Gorge Museum to learn more about the human journey, and take in the stunning views of this stark gorge country.
• Maasai boma visit: You will visit one of the famous Maasai bomas, where you'll have the opportunity to witness (and participate in) traditional Maasai dance, tour an authentic Maasai village, and even do a little souvenir shopping at the local market.
Both of the above activities are excluded in your Tour (additional cost is Needed).
Arrive the Serengeti in the late afternoon for an Evening game drive until Evening when you will check in at a Camp/lodge, dinner and overnight. Lunch is taken at one of the Picnic sites most likely at the Naabi Hill Gate where you will also get the chance to stretch your legs as your guide sorts out the registration and relevant paperwork. Dinner and overnight at Serengeti. All meals included.