This package is ideally created for you, immerse yourself in the colorful Cuban culture and escape from it and enjoy the interesting daily life of Cuba. The new Cuban Retreat program is a 6-night stay that gives you the opportunity to get away from it all and perhaps discover why our idiosyncrasy as Cubans is so unique.
You can expect a week of immersion in Cubanness, relaxation, surprising discoveries and revitalization while embarking on this retreat. To experience the day to day, we offer you 6 nights accommodation in "Casas Particulares" the typical Cuban houses where the local owners will prepare a breakfast for you every day.
To penetrate the history of the capital of Cuba, "La Habana", we will visit La Fortaleza de San Carlos de la Cabaña, the largest fortress built by Spain in the "New World". Havana repeatedly rose from the rubble and ashes that were reduced from time to time by French pirates and corsairs during the first half of the sixteenth century, so military defenses were built at the entrance to Havana Bay.
Feel the breeze of the Caribbean Sea as we drive you along the "Malecon" and through the most significant neighborhoods of Havana on a vintage car.
To enjoy the vibrant movements inherited by Africans, an Afro-Cuban dance and music workshops will be offered by local dancers and musicians.
In this retreat you will be able to witness the artistic work of Cuban plastic artists and potters and the way in which they reflect Cuban life and culture in their works.
We will visit several provinces of the "Pearl of the Caribbean" such as Trinidad, Viñales, Havana and Matanzas.
I can assure you that you do not have to be born in Cuba to feel strongly attracted to our island. That's why I invite you to form parts of this adventure
To revitalize, the crystal clear beach of Santa María del Mar awaits you, located at the foot of Havana just 35 minutes away.
This program is offered from June 27, 2018 and can be done during the next weeks of July 3rd, 2018, the starting days are flexible and are based on your preference.
ALL Transfers to the remote sites: From Havana to Trinidad y Viceversa.
ALL Transfers from Havana to Viñales and Viceversa.
What is not included?
- 5 Dinners and 6 Lunches.
- Yoga classes (optional USD 10 per class)
- Taxi to the Meeting Point for the Old Havana Walking Tour (5 USD)
- Taxi to Return from Castillo del Morro to Casa Particular (10 USD)
- Activities during your Free Time.
- Travel Insurance
USD 600 must be paid on June 27th on arrival
Optional Activities (we suggest you to reserve before your arrival)
- Tobacco Plantation Tour 35 USD.
- Excursion to Topes de Collantes National Park (Half day 60 USD)
- Tour to Valle de los Ingenios (Historic Steam train round trip 10 USD)
- Visit the Potter's House.
- Cuban pottery class with a local potter (25 USD)
- Painting Class with a local painter (30 USD)
- Trip to Varadero Beach (25 USD)
- Live Show Cabaret Parisien (45 USD)
- Live Cuban Music at Havana libre Hotel (15 USD)
- Trips to Ancón Beach in Trinidad and Guanabo Beach in Havana (10 USD each trip to each Beach).
- Snorkeling at Ancon Beach (15 USD x 45 Min)
Transportation from HAV Airport to Casa Particular( ACC )
Arrive & Settle In (All hours are approximately)
Opening the Retreat
Welcome Dinner (included)