'Waves are a simple, beautiful gift of nature. Catching them requires a single-minded focus and a heightened connection to yourself and the surroundings. Balancing on a surfboard is as tricky as finding your center in a standing pose.'
People often don't understand the 'madness' of surfers chasing their next wave, but once you catch your own, you will be instantly, irreversibly hooked on the experience. Surfing makes you acutely conscious of the water's energy and flow - much like a yogic breath - and this energy and flow should be used to their full potential.
The physical benefits of practicing yoga as a surfer are, for example, improved balance, flexibility, lung capacity, and core strength - and it also decreases the risk of injury. This is why practitioners of both yoga and surfing benefit from the physical and mental enhancements of the combined exercises.
Prana Casa has developed a program in which we marry these two lifestyles. We start our days with an energizing morning yoga practice, after which we enjoy a healthy power breakfast and prepare for a day of surf and fun on the beach. We end each day with a restorative yoga practice and a healthy, freshly cooked, vegetarian dinner coupled with some story telling.
Experience it yourself!
You can book this retreat also in June for the same price (select dates during your registration process):
25 June - 1 July. 2016
- 6 nights accommodation in dorm room (2-4 persons) - double room available for extra costs
- Fresh fruit, alkaline water, lemon water, homemade ice tea and herbal tea available during the day
- 6 healthy vegetarian breakfasts and 5 vegetarian dinners
- Yoga twice a day
- Yoga Nidra
- 4 days fully equipped surf lessons (total 9 hrs)
- Transport to the beach on surfing days
- Free mountain bike service available (limited)
- On site wellness practitioners and massage therapists available (for extra costs)
Your flight to Portugal and transportation to Pranacasa.
For the best flight recommendations get in touch with WeTravel firstname.lastname@example.org directly or check out Flighfox: https://flightfox.com/trips
Before You Go
Make sure you read the welcome letter with some pre-arrival information
Please get in touch with WeTravel for any flight recommendations. email@example.com