This New Year Cuban Culture and Yoga Retreat is a 7-day program in which we will visit the Cuban provinces: Havana, Sancti Spíritus, Pinar del Río, and Cienfuegos. We will visit 3 of the most important sites that are part of the World Heritage according to UNESCO.
This trip combines Hatha Yoga and Vipassana Meditation with the joy and spirituality of Cuba. The Hatha Yoga classes will harmonize your body, your breathing, your wisdom, and your spirit. With Vipassana Meditation sessions you will learn to observe your thoughts without judging them.
To immerse yourself in Cuban culture, history, and traditions, Ludisis will show you non-tourist neighborhoods, enter local houses, share and experience local real life. Workshops of Afro-Cuban Culture, Cuban System of Health and Food will bring you closer to the Cuban reality.
All this with the guide of Ludisis, who will be at your disposal throughout the trip to give you the best New Year experience in Cuba.
Discover Cuba with a Cuban Yoga teacher who knows every corner of the country and will ensure that you have a unique experience in this yoga retreat.
On this retreat, you will experience Cuban music, a meditation on the beach, eating delicious Cuban dishes, making new friends, practicing Hatha Yoga.
You will also get inspired, increase your flexibility, learn about spirituality, gain more energy, enjoy nature with like-minded people, and change your life!
Do not forget to bring your Yoga Mat and Swimsuit or shorts. Also, US citizen should bring USD cash to Cuba since Cuban banks might not accept US Credit cards.
See you soon in Cuba!!!
My Cuban Yoga Retreat was AMAZING!!! I've told everyone what an incredible experience we had! I'm hoping to be able to go again next year!!
United States, Monday, 30 July, 2018
One of my very best travel experiences!
The instructors are what makes this a truly unique experience! Every detail was so carefully planned, though they were open and willing to accommodate individual preferences and modifications. Because of the small group and the thought that was put into every detail, I felt that I experienced Cuba in a very different and personal way. As a native Cuban and because of the love that she puts into her work, Ludi is exceptional. She offered insights that I don’t think I would have experienced otherwise. As a team, Ludi and Gunther work together to ensure the guests are happy and attended too always. They make a great team.
Aart Schutte - Netherlands
You will enjoy the beautiful city of Havana more with a tour guide who really appreciates the beauty and culture of her city. Ludisis will bring you to the best places where you can enjoy the nice side of Cuba. She knows the cultural hotspots, places to have a good meal, and where to go dancing and meet the locals. Ludisis is educated as a classical dancer, tourist guide and yoga teacher. She has lived and travelled in various countries. Ludisis as a guide is trustworthy, punctual, cultured and fun to be with. Ludisis understands the subtle difference between making you a plain tourist and making you a partaker of the local culture.
Thanks Ludisis for showing me Havana!
MARIAJOSE CASTILLO - Chile
Tener a Ludisis como maestra ha sido una experiencia maravillosa. Ludisis me enseño con mucha paciencia y dedicación.Ella tiene mucho conocimiento de las materias que enseña . En sus clases no solo aprendi a bailar salsa cubana sino que también amplie mis conocimientos espirituales y de autoconocimiento. Recomiendo a Ludi 100 por ciento
Recommendations for your trip to Cuba!
IF YOU ARE A CITIZEN OF THE UNITED STATES IN THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH, YOU WILL FIND ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO KNOW TO TRAVEL TO CUBA LEGALLY:
1- Fly to Cuba from the US is allowed under 12 acceptable travel reasons:
Official affairs of the government of the United States. United States, foreign governments and certain intergovernmental organizations
Professional research or professional meetings
Educational activities and exchanges from person to person
Public performances, clinics, workshops, sports and other competitions and exhibitions
Support for the Cuban people
Activities of private foundations or research or education institutes
Export, import or transmission of information or information material
Travel related to certain authorized export transactions
You can also travel to Cuba with a license issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control of the United States. UU (OFAC) or as a national home of Cuban return.
WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE CATEGORY: "SUPPORT TO THE CUBAN PEOPLE", BECAUSE WE OFFER YOU A LEGAL AND DETAILED TRAVEL ITINERARY, UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF THE CATEGORY, INDICATING EACH ACTIVITY FROM THE BREAKFAST TO THE MOMENT BEFORE GOING TO THE BED.
2- Book your flights and get a "Visa or Travel Card" (it's the same)
Destination airport: Jose Marti (HAV) Cuba
For flights departing from the United States, the visa process may be different depending on the airline you fly with. Here is more information on how to obtain the Cuban visa in the United States, depending on which airline wants to fly.
The visa is called Travel Card!
Southwest: $ 50. It can be purchased online in advance or at the airport upon departure.
Delta: $ 50. Buy at the door or request by mail in advance.
JetBlue: $ 50. Buy at your final airport before flying to Cuba.
United: $ 75. Buy at the Newark or Houston entrance.
American: $ 85. It can be purchased online or at the Charlotte or Miami airport on the day of departure.
WE RECOMMEND TO BUY THE FLIGHT WITH AMERICAN AND THEN BUY THE VISA AT "CUBA TRAVEL SERVICES" A TRAVEL AGENCY WITH MORE THAN 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE THAT PROCESSES THE VISA AND SENDS IT TO YOUR ADDRESS. SEE THE LINK TO BUY THE VISA BELOW.
3- TRAVEL INSURANCE
The insurance policy can be taken in the country of origin of departure or upon arrival, you could subscribe an insurance and assistance policy of Cuban insurance companies at the airport, port or marina in Cuba.
Travel insurance from Cuban insurance companies and most international insurance companies receive travel assistance services in Cuba from Asistur SA, available 24 hours a day throughout the year.
SEE www.asistur.cu TO BUY OR WRITE DIRECTLY VIA E-MAIL.
4- Bring Cash
Plan to bring cash. American banks are still not uploaded to the Cuban banking system. Keep things simple. Just bring U.S. dollars or Euros. There are plenty of money exchanges and hotels in Havana who will give you the best exchange rate at the time.
Now, in our yoga retreat you have 7 days of lodging included, all means of transportation in Cuba, transportation to and from the José Martí airport in Havana and several lunches and dinners included. So you can decrease those expenses. You only need cash for tickets to museums and National parks, Your personal purchases, Entertainment; etc.
WE HOPE THAT THIS INFORMATION CLAIMS YOUR DOUBTS.
SEE YOU IN CUBA
These excursions are recommended, please book in advance or upon arrival in Cuba:
We will visit the most typical neighborhoods of Havana such as Plaza de la Revolución, Vedado, Cerro Miramar.
- Today you will arrive in Cuba and Ludisis will pick you up at the José Martí International Airport in Havana.
- Check-in at Casa Casa Particular in Havana.
- Walking tour through the historical center of Old Havana with our local guide in English.
- Lunch in the heart of Old Havana, in one of those old squares that will captivate you with its colonial architecture (price not included).
- Delicious breakfast prepared lovingly by your local hosts at Casa Particular in Havana.
- Travel by classic car with air conditioning to the city of Trinidad, one of the best preserved colonial cities, not only in Cuba but also in Latin America (included).
- Short Excursion to the City of Cienfuegos: The call Pearl of the South.
- Check in at Villa Sonia our private house in Trinidad 1:00 p.m.
- Walking Tour of the city of Trinidad (Optional Transfer to the city: 8cuc).
- Tasty lunch prepared by our hostess Sonia (price not included- price range from 10 cuc to 20 cuc)
- Night of Traditional Music and Cuban Folklore on the Stairway of the House of Music of Trinidad. It is the most popular place to dance Salsa under the stars of Cuba (transfer to the club and entrance fee not included).
- Enjoy the tasty tropical fruits at your breakfast in Villa Sonia.
- Excursion to the Topes de Collantes Natural Park, an immense protected area that owns 45% of the country's endemic birds (optional, recommended, price not included).
- Lunch in a restaurant of typical rural food in the middle of nature (if you take the excursion-price not included).
- Vipassana Meditation session and Hatha Yoga class at sunset on the seashore (included).
- Homemade cuban dinner made by our local hostesses Lisandra and Sonia. Excellent opportunity to learn to prepare some of the most exquisite dishes of Cuban cuisine (optional dinner-price not included).
- Delicious breakfast at the Villa Sonia.
- Travel in old classic car with air conditioning to the city of Havana, which next year will celebrate his 500th birthday (included).
- Classes of Afro-Cuban Dance and Dance Salsa Cubana with Ludisis (included).
- Tour of modern Havana in a classic American classic car (optional tour - book before the trip).
- Traditional show of Cuban live music with a cast that has won 7 Grammy awards, members of the famous "Buena Vista Social Club", all combined with the best Creole food and cocktails (book in advance if you wish to attend.) The best traditional music shows and Cuban dance in the country.
- Section of Hatha Yoga and meditation with views of Havana.
- Delicious breakfast at Casa Particular in Havana.
- Free Time to enjoy havana by yourself.
- Preparation for the celebration of the new year.
- Guided tour with Ludisis to the neighborhoods of Havana where you will know the real life of the Cuban. Introduction to Cuban popular culture, guided custom tour by your local guide Ludisis (Visits to non-tourist neighborhoods, workshop on Cuban health system, food distribution system, visits to "Un Solar" (local community homes that are not visited by tourists).
- Great New Year Celebration You will enjoy the best new year's experience surrounded by music, typical food, dances and many surprises. (The transportation to the place and the value of the dinner are not included).
- Breakfast at Casa Particular in Havana and check in at another Casa Particular (included).
- Transfer to Viñales by private car (included).
- Horseback riding through the tobacco plantations and workshop on the production and harvesting of Cuban tobacco (recommended - not included).
- Tour of caves, prehistoric murals and coffee plantations (included).
- Lunch at the Guajiro restaurant (organic food from the garden to the table), (lunch not included).
- Transfer to Havana (included).
- Dinner in Havana (not included).
- Hatha Yoga and Vipassana Meditation Section ( Closing Ceremony of the retreat).
- Breakfast and Check out at Casa Particular in Havana.
- Transfer to the Jose Marti International Airport in Havana (included).