Experience one of the most magical, beautiful, peaceful yet exhilarating places in all of Asia. This is a spiritual journey for those that are seeking to visit Nepal and immerse themselves in the spirituality that is offered not only in the living traditions but also in spirit of the land. Hinduism and Buddhism converge here, and is full of awe-inspiring monuments to the sacred. Join Natalie for a journey of the heart and mind as we explore the living pilgrimage sites of Kathmandu and beyond.
If you love yoga and you love adventure, this transformative divine journey will be the experience of a lifetime!
Early Bird ends May 28, 2018 and prices will increase $250
Twin Share $1950
After May 28,, 2018
Twin Share $2200
The Mardi Himal trek is a relatively new route located in the Annapurna region. It "officially" opened in 2012 and has yet to command large crowds like other treks in the region. A richly diverse trek it takes you through beautiful forested areas though to rocky mountain terrain and several base camps which may have snow depending on the time
This Trek The Mardi Himal Trek is an ideal choice for those of us who are looking for an ‘off the beaten path’ trekking experience in the quieter parts of the Annapurna region of Nepal. While trekking on this route, leading up to Mardi Himal base camp and finally the high camp, we get to appreciate the solitary trails complete with verdant forests, interesting villages, valleys, terraced farms, dazzling rivers and the extraordinary views of the Annapurna, Machhapuchre (Fishtail) and Hiunchuli mountains.
Mardi Himal trek is a short trek in the Annapurna region of Nepal where we stay in teahouses (lodges), try local food, appreciate the excellent hill and mountain landscape; and marvel at the panoramic views of the massive Himalayan mountains including Annapurna, Machhapuchre, Hiunchuli and Mardi Himal.
* Visit Kathmandu's most sacred temples including The Pashupatinath Temple (Nepali: पशुपतिनाथ मन्दिर)the most famous and sacred Hindu temple complex in Nepal. Experience a private puja (ceremony) by the Temple Pujari (priest).
* Stay at monasteries including Namo Buddha, one of the most sacred Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Nepal.
* Our Mardi Himal adventure starts from the Himalayan capital Kathmandu with scenic overland drive to reach famed and popular touristic spot at Pokhara, blessed with natural beauty where Annapurna mountains reflects on its serene Phewa and Begnas lakes. The High Altitude Trek offers the most awesome panorama of mountains and marvelous landscapes. Our adventure begins walking along the high ridges of Annapurna area hills past traditional Gurung people farm villages of Buddhist culture and then entering into pristine woodland where in spring and summer this whole area turns into a natural garden when wild flowers are in full bloom. The trail crosses cool rivers, lush green valleys, terrace farms and warm, pristine Juniper and Rhododendron forests, hospitable villages to reach the Mardi Himal Base camp at 4500 m (14,500FT).
* Experience one of the gateways to trekking in the Himalayas, Pokhara. It will overwhelm you with one of the greatest photo spots in the world. While you walk along the shores of the Phewa lake you will be surrounded by a panoramical view over the Himalayan peaks of the Annapurna. We will also visit (Peace) Shanti Stupa balanced on a narrow ridge high above Phewa Lake, the brilliant-white Peace Pagoda of Pokhara offers spectacular views of the Annapurna range and Lake Phewa. Pilgrims climb the hill using paths from the different parts of the city or take a boat across the lake and begin their climb at the shore.
* Nepal homestay with a local family: Experience Nepalese village life first-hand and chance to experience living with a Nepalese family. Learn the depth of their rich culture, food, and heritage with an amazing experience of local village lifestyle. Very rarely are we given the opportunity to experience local living, and when you are given the chance, you feel honoured and grateful. It takes a lot of trust for a community to let tourists in, but there’s another level of selflessness required to invite groups onto your property and into your home.
We've capped the enrollment to 16 maximum due to the high altitude trek and also to keep the intimacy of the experience.