· Engage, dance, and eat with an indigenous community in the Amazon
· Discover the misterious world of the Amazon
· Raft the Amazon rivers with a native guide
· Visit Quito’s Colonial Center, declared World Culture Heritage
· Visit the Middle of the World and straddle the line separating the northern and southern hemispheres at the ¨Mitad del Mundo¨ monument
· Admire the famous blue-footed boobies
· Share time with playful sea lions
· Enjoy snorkeling at different locations admirning wonderful sea-life
Day 1: Arrive to Quito (D)
Welcome to Ecuador! We will pick you up from the airport and drive you to your hotel. Once settled in, we will enjoy dinner in Quito and have a briefing about the tour to prepare for the adventure ahead.
Day 2: Quito Colonial Center – Hummingbirds – Guayusa factory (B – D)
In the morning we will discover Quito´s famous historical center and admire its unique colonial architecture. We will enter one of its churches and several plazas from the spanish time. After this we will leave for a 3 ½ hour drive towards the Amazon. On the way we will make a stop to admire colorful and incredible active hummingbirds. This is a great opportunity to make pictures of these vibrant birds in their natural habitat. We will arrive at the 100% accessible “Huasquila Amazon Lodge” and have a welcome cocktail. Before dinner you will have the chance to visit a guayusa tea factory located at the lodge!