Let Tour Amor introduce you to Cali, Colombia, the Salsa Capital of the World! While most people only hear about Cartagena, Medellin, and Bogota, Cali is actually the third most populated city in the country and it is said to have the second largest population of African descendants in all of Latin America!
Join us in 2020 to embark on an extraordinary journey to Colombia to learn about the heritage & traditions of African Descendants of Colombia. Explore and learn the history and present day expressions from the Pacific Coast to the Caribbean. Our trip begins in Cali. We will explore the rich history of this vibrant city. We will also attend Petronio Alvarez Music Festival, entering its 24th year! Become immersed in the rhythms of Pacific Colombia. Rhythms such as the marimba and chirimia are amazingly vibrant and mesmerizing.
As a transition from the hustle and bustle of Cali City, we will make an overnight trip to San Andrés Island! San Andrés is a Colombian island in the Caribbean Sea, off the coast of Nicaragua. It’s known for its coral reefs and reggae music. Enjoy a palm-lined promenade, unspoiled white-sand beaches, crystal clear waters and smooth Caribbean sounds!
** Itinerary subject to change **
- Travel to Cali and explore the vibrant capital of Valle de Cauca
- Immerse yourself in Afro-Colombian culture while attending Festival del Pacifico Petronio Alvarez among nearly 100,000 people truly living it up and having the time of their life. The best part about it all, is that there are Black people at every turn and most only speak Spanish– making it that much more beautiful.
- Hop on over to San Andrés Island for an overnight ultimate Beach/Island experience
Shared Accommodations for 2 persons
***Anyone without a roommate will be paired with another member on the trip. If you are booking with a roommate, you will be asked for your roommate information 30 days trip departure date***
* Arrive to Alfonso Bonilla Aragón International Airport
* Hotel Check-In
* Welcome Dinner
* Evening of Rumba and Salsa!