Join a company of like-minded hikers on a journey of a lifetime you'll never forget! Bring back a unique photo-album of the most emotional moments of the trip captured by talented photographer Alex Mironyuk who will travel with our Team! 📸 🏔 🤩
🌟 From the Anchorage to the coast of the Kenai Peninsula - encounter incredible wild nature and hiking trails, get close to dramatic glaciers, ice-fields , emerald-blue lakes, waterfalls, and fjords surrounded by snowy peaks.
🌟 Take a scenic day-cruise along the Kenaj Fjords bay to watch the jaw-dropping views of Alaska coastline and abundance of marine wildlife
🌟 Get yourself immersed in the untouched splendor of America’s Last Frontier!
🌟 See the highest Alaska's peak and one of the world's highest up close - Mt. Denali 20,320' (aka Mt. McKinley) on a flight-seeing tour!
✈️ Arrival /Departure: Anchorage (ANC)
🍭 Kids: 15+ OK with previous hiking experience. NO discounts are given
🏩 Lodging: Comfortable Hotels & lodges, twin rooms with private bathroom
🤗 Group size: 10-12 travelers
🥾 Level of difficulty: Intermediate (for individuals able to walk up to 10 mi/8hrs/day with elevation gain up to 2500 feet on average)
🎯 COVID-19 Travel requirements
The state of Alaska has no special requirement for travelers. Please see the latest updates: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/
Having all necessary documents is responsibility of every traveler and not a responsibility of Organizers. If a travelers fails to represent the required docx on request of authorities, no refunds or partial refunds are given for unused tours.
🎯 Cancellation Policy
Participant can cancel their trip anytime prior departure with the following penalties:
Cancellation 61 and more days before departure - fully refundable
Cancellation 60 to 31 days before departure - registration deposit is non-refundable
Cancellation 30 to 0 calendar days before departure – up to 100% of trip cost is non-refundable.
Trip cancellation insurance (for cancellation due to any reason) is advisable; it protects all registration deposits and payments for both air and land cost.
🎯 The day-by-day itinerary and the order of activities is subject to change to improve traveler's experience or due to weather conditions etc.
July and August are the absolute best time to visit Alaska for summer activities.
The days are long, nature is in full bloom, and the air is alive with energy.
Alaska summer temperatures are surprisingly pleasant. Daytime highs range 60°F - 65°F. Nighttime lows are refreshingly cool, dipping into the 40's - 50's.
A down-jacket is recommended to keep you warm for chilly mornings and evenings, as well as fleece beanie and gloves. Even if you don't use them, it's still good to have anyways.
The weather typically gets rainier as summer progresses.
You can expect on average 7 to 10 days of rainfall. By August, the chance of rain is just over 50%. Please be prepared for rain anytime and bring rain-poncho and make sure your hiking boots are sturdy and water-proof.
Mosquitos in Alaska may not be as big a problem as you might think, but can still be an inconvenience on hiking trails. Bring a mosquito repellent.
- Suitcase OR Duffel for your MAIN luggage - PLEASE NO BULKY LUGGAGE ITEMS, PACK COMPACT as we don’t have much room in the van trunk. Carry-on size is preferred.
(However, if you can't fit you stuff into carry on size luggage, you can fly to/from Alaska with any size of suitecase and leave it in the hotel storage in Anchorage on arrival, and then repack into smaller size duffel or backpack for the days of travel)
- A small backpack 28-35L for day-hikes (it should fit the following: your water reservoir, an extra layer, your personal hiking snack, sunblock, and your personal first aid kit)
- A rainproof cover for your day-pack
- Head lamp (it is good to have light when your hands are free always keep it in your backpack on a hiking trail)
- Trekking poles – a must have for steep downhill trails (collapsable are better. Note: Standard hiking poles are not allowed in carry on luggage during flights, collapsable ones haven't been a problem however it depends on airline rules)
- Micro spikes for glacier hiking on icy surface. For example: Black Diamond Blitz Spike Traction Devices in REI $39USD.
- Water bottle or camelback reservoir (1.5 to 2L)
- Small bags for your personal trash/leftovers for hiking days
- Sunblock (UV 50+)
- Lip balm (UV protection).
- Mosquito repellent (must have!)
- Your personal first aid kit (your personal medicines you can’t do without)
- Face mask (needed on a flight and indoor public places, visitor centers etc)
- Ear plugs, if you are a sensitive sleeper
- Gaiters (protection for your boots and pants from mud, wet and dust) - recommended
- Good sturdy high-ankled and waterproof hiking boots, well-worn before the trip (!) Please no brand new boots, try them a few times on hiking trails before the trip to avoid painful blisters while on travel
- Comfortable tennis shoes (it's good to have a change of shoes for off-trail activities)
- Windproof hiking pants (long pants, no shorts please)
- Optional: thin thermo or leggings to wear under hiking pants if you get cold easily
- Light long-sleeved loose shirt for hiking (protection from sun, insects)
- A change of long/short-sleeved t-shirts as a base layer for hiking (preferably a quick-dry fabric, not cotton)
- A change of long -ankled hiking socks (not cotton. merino wool is the best)
- Fleece jacket or light sweater
- A windbreaker, better if waterproof fabric
- Rain poncho (must have) - lightweight is better, any rain-cover will work
- A lightweight down-jacket (650-700 down fill) for chilly evenings and mornings
- Fleece/wool beanie for chilly evenings and mornings, as well as windy days
- Waterproof lightweight gloves for chilly weather and glacier hiking
Arrival in Anchorage on the afternoon flight.
Self-transfer to hotel near the airport (take a free hotel shuttle or uber/cab).
Get your room. Meet at hotel with your fellow travelers and Team Leader later this afternoon.
Dinner in town. Team Introduction and briefing about the next days schedule and plans . Overnight in hotel, Anchorage.