The Amazon Crossing Expedition Route 5D/4N, just like the rest of our exploration trips along the Tamshiaco-Tahuayo Regional Conservation Area, this is a unique route only offered by Amazon Expeditioners, compacted by several jungle adventure activities focused on wildlife exploration, including camping, jungle hikes, swimming, bird watching, fishing, basic jungle survival and other activities like tubing and canoeing, along the Tahuayo River.
During this amazing journey visitors will also get the fascinating experience of making an extensive amazonian crossing trip, navigating a total of 5 rivers (Maranon, Ucayali, Yarapa, Tahuayo and the Amazon River at the end), Finally arriving in Iquitos by a different path than the one that started.
08:00 Ground Transportation pickup from hotel to Iquitos-Nauta Rural Express Road
10:30 Arrival to the City of Nauta
11:00 Nauta City Tour
12:00 River Navigation downstream on the Maranon River in Route to Jerusalem Village - Lunch on board
During this Navigation our Group will obtain the following:
- Have the Privilege to pass and stop for instructional orientation by the encounter of (3) Major Rivers "The Maranon River", the "Ucayali River", and the "Mighty Amazon River". IT IS AT THIS POINT WHERE IT IS KNOWN AS THE BEGINNING OF THE AMAZON RIVER, TO FINALLY DISCHARGE ITS WATERS IN THE ATLANTIC OCEAN.
- Navigation will continue upstream through The Ucayali River
- Navigation will change its course to enter The Yarapa River
- Observation of fauna and flora will take place during this entire navigation
15:00 Arrival to Haldar Village
- During our quick stop at Haldar Village the group will take a short break for hydrations and arrangement of gear before continuing to a 30 minutes hike to Jerusalem Village.
- 30 minutes short hike will be performed from Haldar Village to Jerusalem Village only during “The Flooded Season”
- 1.5 hours small motorboat transfer from Ramon Castilla Village in order to reach Haldar Village will be added to the trip only during “The Dry Season” to later continue with the 30 minutes short hike to Jerusalem Village.
16:00 to 18:00 Arrival to Jerusalem Village.
- Drop-off gear, meet with the local Villagers.
- Swimming in the calm and clean waters of the Tahuayo River (optional).
- Placement of fishing traps activity upstream in typical canoes will follow depending on arrival time. Let's keep in mind that during the Dry Season reaching Jerusalem Village is a quit challenging adventure trip due to the water levels of the Yarapa River.
- After done placing our fishing traps, the group will conduct a canoeing adventure trip downstream on the Tahuayo River to our Eco Camp
- Tubing to Eco Camp (optional)
- Arrival to Amazon Expeditioners Rainforest Eco Camp.
18:00 to 20:00 Dinner will be shared with the exploration team.
- Free time (resting, walk around camp, night fishing on site, etc.)
21:00 Canoe night exploration in search of nocturnal animals (insects, rodents, reptiles, etc.)
- If The Green Giant Monkey Frog called "Kambo" is found during our night exploration, the poison extraction of the frog will be perform.
- Back to Amazon Expeditioners Rainforest Eco Camp.
Kambo, Frog Vaccine or best known by Amazon tribes that use it as "Vaccine of the Forest". All these are names that are given to the secretion of an arboriferous frog that lives in the northwestern part of the Amazon jungle (Peru, Colombia, and Brazil). Its scientific name is "Phyllomedusa Bicolor" or known by many as "Giant Monkey Frog" or "Green Giant Monkey Frog".
Based on indigenous beliefs within the healing field as a natural and spiritual alternative medicine, it is used to free people of Panema (name given to the negative energies that people possess) as well as for the magic of hunting; and as a powerful medicine against malaria, snake bites, yellow fever and other epidemic diseases.
- (Overnight in Typical Cabins of Amazon Expeditioners Rainforest Eco Camp)
05:00 Early canoe excursion upstream for appreciation of wildlife, inspection of fish traps and early group fishing trip.
08:00 Back to Eco Camp to start a group preparation of breakfast.
- During this early cooking preparation activity participants will learn how to fix their own personal fish portions and get them ready for consumption along with other collected meal ingredients.
- Breakfast will be shared with the exploration team once ready.
- Survival hike will start for the group to spend the whole entire day Inside the Jungle to experience a direct connection with the wild.
The Following Basic Survival Activities will be Performed:
- Search for drinking water from the vineyards of the forest for hydration purposes.
- Identification and collection of fruits, vegetables, seeds, and insects act for human consumption.
- Obtainment of fire by natural means.
- Lunch grouping preparation starts: This particular meal will be cooked utilizing all edible resources collected and obtained from jungle excursions and during the early fishing trip.
- Construction of personal shelters to overnight in the middle of the jungle.
- Improvisation of handmade traps to catch reptiles, and rodents at night.
- Construction of floating devices to scape from the jungle.
- Dinner will be served of what was obtained during the day.
- Night jungle exploration in search of nocturnal animals.
- Overnight inside the Jungle in Personal Handmade Shelters (Optional). "Camping Tents will be Also Available by Request"
WE TOTALLY UNDERSTAND THAT THIS WHOLE TRIP IS NOT A REAL SURVIVAL TRAINING TRIP, WE'LL MAKE IT AS FUN, AND SUITABLE AS POSSIBLE.
04:30 Early wake up to pack and return to Eco Camp.
05:00 Back to Eco Camp , quick fruit snacks and hydration before we head to the river.
05:30 The "Canoeing" exploration adventure trip in typical canoes will start from this point right on the Tahuayo River, and it will consist basically on fauna and flora observation, avoiding the use of a motor boats by rowing wooden canoes in the way we don't scare away our possible encounter with wildlife.
- At the same time guides will teach visitors how to maneuver the typical amazonian wooden canoes not just down but up-stream as well arriving back to Camp for our well deserving and breakfast.
08:00 Breakfast will be served.
09:00 Ethnobotanical exploration hike inside the primary jungle will take place; during this 3 hrs. of jungle hike visitors will be performing the following:
- Identification of the Ayahuasca Medicinal Plant together with other Amazonian plants and fruits.
- Identification of any living creatures along our paths
- Search for "The Giant Trees" the largest of the Amazon jungle, etc.
13:00 Lunch will be served at Eco Camp
- A quick visit to Jerusalem Village to say goodbye.
- Group picture with the women and mothers of the community.
- Buying of handicrafts for local support (optional)
14:00 Departure to next jungle exploration area "Amancio" 1.5hrs motorboat
15:30 Arrival to Amancio jungle area
- Camping tents set up
- Wildlife exploration hike in search of primates and other diurnal animals
- Return to camping area
- Camp fire set up
18:00 Dinner will be served
19:00 Nigh Exploration hike in search of nocturnal animals.
- (Overnight in All-Terrain Camping Tents)
05:00 Early boat trip for wildlife observation
08:00 Breakfast will be served
- Exploratory hike will take place to the hight terrain areas of Amancio in search of "Poison Dart Frogs"
12:00 Lunch will be served
13:00 Departure to Tangarana jungle area, about (2hrs) of river navigation.
15:00 Arrival to Tangarana camping site, camp set up will follow.
15:30 Hydration and fruit snacks before the following trip;
- (2 hrs.) hike to a remote Creek for observation of wildlife
"On Dry Season", during hike excursion visitors will have the opportunity to see (alligators, macaws, monkeys, the prehistoric bird hoatzin "Opisthocomus Hoazin" and other Amazonian species)
- (2hrs.) hike deep inside the primary jungle "On Flooded Season" in search of wildlife (tapirs, peccaries, capybaras, monkeys, reptiles, birds and more)
18:30 Back to Camping Site
20:00 Dinner will be served
21:00 Boat night exploration in search of alligators and other nocturnal creatures (alligators catch and release will be performed if small alligators are found)
- (Overnight in All-Terrain Camping Tents)
05:00 Morning boat navigation to observe wildlife, followed by a short fishing trip (optional)
07:00 Breakfast will be served
08:00-0900 Navigation will begin through the Tahuayo River in route to Tamshiyaco Town, across the Tamshiyacu-Tahuayo Regional Conservation Area.
- During these relaxing 3-4 hours of river navigation, participants will enjoy a unique, adventurous and fascinating escape in search of the Amazon River, this long river navigation ride will increase the opportunities to appreciate more fauna and flora, we will pass by Blanco River, make a quick stop at Chino Village, for possible Lunch and quick exploration if time allows, pass by Buena Esperanza, Santa Cruz, and Huaysi Villages, to then get the final amazing experience of meeting once again just like Day 1, the Mighty Amazon River, from this point on we will be finally crossing one of the greatest wonders of the world.
- We recommend our visitors to be alert right in this particular area where the two rivers meet to look for the friendly and playful "Pink and Gray River Dolphins"
13:00-14:00 Arrival at Tamshiyaco Town
- A short tour through Tamshiyaco Town will follow.
- Lunch in Tamshiyaco Town
14:30-15:00 Speedboat trip back to Iquitos City
- During this 1-hour navigation by speedboat, the participants will enjoy another pleasant trip to finish crossing the Amazon River.
16:00-17:00 Arrival to Iquitos river port, and transfer to the hotel/airport (End of the Journey)