Arequipa and Colca Canyon offer you the chance to immerse yourself in the unfathomable beauty of the Andes, while appreciating pre-colonial culture and seeing uncommon animal life up close.
This trip allows you to see both the city of Arequipa as well as the surrounding region and its indigenous influences.
Colca Canyon is an impressive area in the Andean region of Peru. Many who visit compare it to the Grand Canyon in the USA - but it is twice as deep, and part of a vast, incredible mountain range.
Itinerary - departing from Arequipa year-round:
- Day 1 - Pick-up from hotel, Arequipa city tour, drive to Carmen Alto viewpoint, see Misti, Cachani and Pichu Pichu volcanoes, and see colonial district Yanayuara
- Day 2 - Drive to view of Colca Valley, national parks. Animal watching (llamas, vicuñas, alpacas and condors), panorama viewpoint of Andes, thermal baths, folkloric dance show, visit colonial towns and churches, view local farmlands, overnight stay in Chivay
- Day 3 - “Cruz del Cóndor”, pre-Inca tombs, see towns Pinchollo, Maca and Yanque, drive back to Arequipa and transfer back to your hotel.
Included in this trip:
- All transportation - comfortable tour bus, transfers from hotel
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to the Colca Valley
- 2 night accommodation in Arequipa and Chivay