Why Cuba? To be with the people of course!
This immersion is about connection.
With Cuban friends we'll get lost art, history, music, dance and a lot of celebration. This is a trip to short perspective and understand our cultures mutually.
Accommodation: Cuban home in the center of Havana.
Home shared by all on tour, capped at 6 people, between 3 rooms and private bathrooms.
Book 1 bedroom with 2 single beds or 1 bedroom, 1 double bed - please identify in your booking notes.
Day 1, Friday:
- Check-in, airport transfer, refreshments upon arrival at home
Event host will be at homestay to welcome you in and give brief tour of neighborhood.
- Group welcome dinner
Day 2, Saturday:
- History and hidden stories tour
Points: Old Havana, Capitolio, Paseo del Prado, Plaza de Armas, Plaza de Angel, Gran Teatro, El Floridita - Charles Hemingway's favorite bar
- Evening Salsa lesson with locals
Day 3, Sunday:
- Exploring Cuban-Afro history on Cayo Hueso and Rumba street party
Day 4, Monday:
- Exchanging thoughts and stories with Cuban friends over lunch.
- Afro Yoruba history discussion
Day 5, Tuesday:
- Beach day, transportation included
Day 6, Wednesday:
- Music + dance exchange with local artists
- Salsa class
- Optional evening out to Salsa club
Day 7, Thursday:
- Afternoon at San Jose Market
- Evening at Fabrica de Arte entrance included
Day 8, Friday:
- Bike in the bosque tour with local friends
(The Bosque Havana's green lung with river trails)
- Salsa class
Day 9, Saturday: