PAINT COOL STUFF. EAT. DRINK WINE. GIGGLE. REJUVENATE. REPEAT.
Our list of projects includes:
* 1 colorful abstract statement piece of wall art
* 1 verre églamisé glass art piece that can be hung on the wall, or used as tableware
* 1 etched serving tray for wine and cheese, or any use, made with a recycled roof slate
* 1 container garden planter, complete with local flowers
* 1 surprise project
FRIDAY, JUNE 21
* Arrive around 3pm and get settled in your gorgeous room
* Gather at the Parsonage to begin painting our GARDEN CONTAINER
* Begin painting your ABSTRACT art piece
* As time allows, take a walk and enjoy the calm
* Savor snacks and libations on the back porch. Laugh a lot.
* Cook pizzas in the outdoor oven on the deck. Salads, dessert and more will magically arrive with our caterer.
* Stay up late with the ladies, or hit the hay!
SATURDAY, JUNE 22
* Coffee first (or whatever you crave), then hot, just-made Amish cinnamon rolls from Mattie's Place. along with fruits, etc.
* Walk up to the old school classroom and work on your REVERSE-PAINTED GLASS projects, SLATE
SERVING TRAY, GARDEN PLANTER, and ABSTRACT ART masterpieces.
* Break for box lunches, a quick visit to Mattie's Place, the General Store, or the Old Post Office which is now the Burke's Garden Artisans Guild.
* Finish several projects, with the exception of the garden container.
* If the weather cooperates, we will take an Amish wagon ride around Burke's Garden.
* About 4:30 we will board a bus to ride over the mountain into Tazewell to The Lost Pearl gallery for a sponsored wine and cheese reception and good conversation.
* After the gallery we will take the bus over to Cuz's, a crazy fun artsy barbeque restaurant for dinner.
* After dinner, yacking will commence back at the Parsonage.
SUNDAY, JUNE 23
* Coffee or your favorite get-up beverage, then a catered breakfast.
* Kim from Kimberly's Greenhouse in Tazewell will arrive with selections of gorgeous flowers, and show us tips to plant our own GARDEN CONTAINER.
* Finish up painting projects. Pack up your artwork.
* Enjoy a light lunch and say girlfriend goodbyes.
* Drive off with happy thoughts of a wonderful weekend, re-inspired, and ready to tackle the world.
Known as “Vanderbilt’s First Choice,” “God’s Thumbprint,” and the “Garden Spot of the World,” beautiful Burke’s Garden is Virginia’s highest valley and the largest rural historic district. This bowl-shaped valley, carved out of the top of a mountain, offers the most breathtaking scenery this side of New Zealand, with verdant farmland, abundant wildlife, rare bird watching, peaceful biking, and adventurous hiking on the Appalachian Trail.
Currently there are several Amish families living here. Be sire to visit Amish -operated Mattie's Place and the General Store, meeting places for the whole valley. Bulk food, some groceries, snacks, fresh baked goods and the best sandwiches made to order await.
Enclosed by mountain ranges, the isolated valley is a relatively flat tract high in the Appalachian mountain chain. Created from a collapsed dome, the limestone continues to erode, leaving one of the best farming areas in Virginia.
Remains of Indian village locations dot the scenic region, and native Americans used this as a hunting game reserve. Stories of James Burke’s discovery of this valley originated from his experiences when following elk. But when he brought others into the valley, the reported incident about his potato peels growing into a potato crop resulted in the spot becoming know as Burke’s Garden.
The Parsonage Guest House is a historic and beautiful property located in the middle of Burke's Garden. Originally built at the turn of the century as a parsonage for the Central Lutheran Church, it has now been fully restored. Enjoy 360 degree views of "God’s Thumbprint," with a large back patio for entertaining with a brick oven.
The Burke's Garden Cottage next door is a cozy vintage 1950's 860 square feet cottage with all of the modern conveniences
. 2 nights at the Parsonage or the Guest House (next door).
All art project instruction and supplies.
Arrival by 3pm Friday, June 21, 2019
Checkout by noon Sunday, June 23, 2019
Your rate is double occupancy, so the least expensive option is to have a roomie.
A private room rate will apply if you want a room to yourself, which adds $300 to your trip cost. Email Debbie Hayes at Debbie@MyPatchOfBlueSky to confirm this option remains available.
We will be staying in the Parsonage and the Guest House in Burke's Garden, VA. Both have all amenities.
**To choose your room, based on availability, email Debbie Hayes at email@example.com. All of the rooms are lovely and feature antiques and gorgeous bucolic views of horses grazing, and/or the mountains.
In the Parsonage there is...
* 1 master suite with a private bath and a queen bed, downstairs RESERVED LW
* 1 queen bedroom downstairs
* 1 queen bedroom upstairs
* 1 bedroom with 1 double bed and 1 twin bed upstairs RESERVED AD/KE
* 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds upstairs RESERVED DM/AE
In the Guest House there is...
* 1 bedroom with 1 queen bed downstairs
* I will be staying in the second bedroom
FOOD SHOPPING: Burke's Garden is a gorgeous, somewhat remote town. There you will be able to purchase food items at two Amish-run stores, like bulk candies and snacks, fresh baked goods, and sandwiches. There is no store to purchase alcoholic beverages, or common items that we are used to without going over the mountain into Tazewell. We will have a full kitchen, so bring anything special that you can't do without. All meals will be provided.
TRAVEL INSURANCE IS RECOMMENDED: WeTravel,com partners with Travelex insurance, but your favorite company is OK too.
REFUNDS & CANCELLATIONS: There are no deposit refunds. To cancel your reservation, you must email Debbie Hayes at Debbie@MyPatchOfBlueSky.com.
EXTENDED STAY: You can contact the Parsonage to see if your room is available for extra days prior and/or after the getaway.
My Patch Of Blue Sky reserves the right to make any changes to the event as deemed necessary.
If you are local this is perfect for you!
All art instruction and supplies for the weekend, including all meals.
Select this additional option if you don't want a roommate. Before paying please email or message Debbie to be sure the option is still available. Debbie@MyPatchOfBlueSky.com