NOTE: TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EARLY BIRD PRICING. BOOK TODAY TO PAY JUST $2,500 FOR A PRIVATE ROOM OR $2,250 FOR A SHARED DOUBLE. IF YOU BOOK AFTER MAY 31, 2018, THE COST INCREASES TO $3,000 FOR A PRIVATE AND $2,750 FOR A SHARED DOUBLE.
Why just survive when you can prosper? This is more than a vacation. Join us for a transformational experience. You will learn how to be your best self and get everything you want out of life.
Treat yourself to a needed break from your routine. Relax under the palm trees at a luxe, authentic resort. Bask in beautiful, sunny, tropical El Salvador. Enjoy a fresh coconut pulled straight from the trees overhead. Just don't sit directly under the trees. Experience turtles hatching from the sand. Watch in amazement as they take their first steps into the Pacific - inches from your hammock.
Combine yoga, life workshops, and a tropical vacation. It's the best idea you've had. You will come back more refreshed, tanner, and sexier - if that's even possible. Join us and get in the right mind space. Take control of your life's destiny.
Once you arrive at the San Salvador airport a shuttle will take the group directly to the resort. You’ll quickly see why those who discover El Salvador keep coming back. El Salvador has a reputation for being unsafe. This perception is simply untrue.
"I stayed at the resort for two months in a row and never heard of an incident. Friends would leave backpacks, laptops, and phones unattended all day. When they returned from surfing or gallavanting everything was where they left it. The locals are the most honest, lovely people you'll ever meet! Don't let rumors keep you from experiencing this amazing place." - Lyndsay Hamilton, resort volunteer from Australia.
Tristan, your retreat organizer, has traveled the world. He keeps coming back to this resort. "Nowhere else has a beach this beautiful, untouched, and unspoiled. The sun rises and sets on the ocean horizon. It's magical here."
Say no more, right? Simply register on this page to guarantee your spot. Space is limited so sign up soon. Don't delay or you risk losing a spot. After registering you can book your roundtrip flights to San Salvador. We can help. Collaborate with Tristan to craft the best retreat for you.
We’re limiting this retreat to a maximum of 10 yogis. This ensures unprecedented attention and maximum effectiveness. We are here to help you reach your full potential in all aspects of life. This retreat will fill up in days. Don’t hesitate. Register now so you don’t miss out.
Your bed will have the cleanest, whitest, most pristine bedspreads. You have the choice of either your own private room or a shared double. Shared rooms have two double beds. All rooms have one ensuite bathroom. All rooms are within steps of a pool with crystal clear water and unobstructed ocean views. You’ll pinch yourself when you see the beauty of this spot.
Pictures of the rooms are in the carousel at the top of this page. Or, copy and paste this link into a new browser window:
Start your mornings with a buffet of typical breakfast fare. Remember, you tell us what you want when you register. We recommend trying local tropical fruits. There's papaya, pineapple, watermelon, and more. There are even exotic fruits you've never heard of. Sweet!
Hit the yoga mat after breakfast. The yoga temple is within steps of soothing ocean waves. Listen to them crash ashore as you breathe, tone, and flex. We invite guests staying at the resort to join us during yoga. You'll be glad they did! This place attracts the most interesting, amazing, authentic people you'll ever meet. All yoga equipment is provided: yoga mat and block. Cool off after with a chilled, organic tea tree oil-scented towel. Ah, how refreshing.
Another yoga session commences around sunset. Too much yoga? Skip a session. Not enough? Ask for a private lesson. These are available for a modest additional charge.
What style of yoga?
It's based on the organizer's interview with you after registration. Classes can be designed based on how we're all feeling day-of. You might request help with a specific pose and BOOM: the next class will be tailored to get you into the pose. Or perhaps you want the class to challenge you in new ways? BAM: you're doing the craziest pose ever and you're laughing your butt off. And you actually did it! Yoga-wise, this retreat will be what you make of it. Perfect, right?
And when you're not doing yoga?
Relax by the beach with your toes in the sand. Go kayaking. Read a book from your oceanfront hammock. Join one of the group activities.
Group activities are optional, included, and encouraged. There will be an adventurous trip to a coffee plantation. Then, take an invigorating and worthwhile hike up Mount Conchagua. Join us at the world-famous surf break at Las Flores for a beginner lesson. First time surfing? Great! Before you know it you’ll be splashing around in the ocean, catching waves. And if not, you're at least trying and having a blast.
Experience life changing workshops after taking care of mind and body. Let go and let Tristan help you. Define your authentic self. Identify your values. Shift your priorities. Excel your career. Promote a healthy lifestyle. You will leave the retreat a new, triumphant person. This is where the real magic happens at the resort. Get ready for a journey into your true self.
This retreat is for connecting back with you - mind, body, and soul. We ask our yogis to limit internet usage as much as possible. Leave your phone packed away in your room. There is limited internet at this resort. Don't let that scare you. The retreat organizer will have cell data. Simply ask if you need to check your flight or your email. Trust us - by the end of this retreat you’ll be glad you took this internet detox.
Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served family-style. The food is fresh and locally-sourced. You will be supporting small-scale El Salvadorian farmers. The menu is carefully curated based on your input. You have the chance to specify exactly what you want during event registration. We’ll ensure everyone is happy. The menu will be based on what’s seasonally available. We even source fresh produce from the on-site organic garden.
While here you have to try a delicious national delicacy. We'll venture to a local family's house and eat homemade pupusas. What is it exactly? It's glorious, bread-y, and cheesy. Savor it alongside a tangy and spicy cabbage salad. Supporting local small businesses and eating delicious food? Yes, please.
Other retreats advertise transformation but don’t take the time to understand their clients. These retreats don't feature workshops that are effective. Some promise concentrated attention yet accept dozens of students. Still more promise value yet charge $9,000 per week.
How is this retreat different?
We charge a great price for the value you'll receive. We limit our resorts to 6-10 students. This ensures an optimal experience for you. Not maximum profit for us. We take the time to get to know you at your core. And, we tailor the workshops to your specific situations and needs. This helps ensure effective metamorphosis of mind, body, and spirit. No other retreat offers such individualized attention.
Who are you?
You’re ready for a change. You're ready to focus on the one thing you've been ignoring: yourself! Disconnect from the internet and reconnect with you. Meet awesome people. Do yoga. Climb mountains. Reinvigorate your soul. Hop on a surfboard. Then, return home from the retreat a transformed person. It's about time you focused on yourself.
This is the retreat for you, if you're:
- fun, carefree, and go-with-the-flow
- in need of a more authentic vacation
- on a journey of self-discovery and growth
- needing a break from your connected, hectic lifestyle
Who are we?
Tristan runs retreats. He has been practicing yoga for half a decade. His motto is "yoga every day". And he lives this motto by practicing daily. That might mean he has time for one pose. More often than not he indulges in juicy 2-hour sessions.
After working in corporate America for ten years he started a journey of self-discovery. This led him to yoga, healing, and service. He was certified in the classical Sivananda yoga lineage. He taught yoga by donation in Ajijic, Mexico. And, he taught at this amazing resort in El Salvador on two different occasions as a volunteer. That's two stints, two years in a row. And hopefully many more.
His teaching style blends classical and modern yoga. He custom-tailors every class based on the unique blend of attendees. He takes the time to get to know each student. Everybody gets something valuable out of his classes.
He believes in helping people identify their true values. He believes in living a more authentic life. He stumbled on a luxe resort in El Salvador while taking a “gap year”. And Tristan keeps coming back. He returns for the travelers who find this amazing resort. For the yoga temple. For the staff. For the volunteers. And for the locals. He wants to share what he found. He is committed to making this your best vacation ever. If you are dissatisfied with the retreat he will refund your money - 100%. No other yoga retreat guarantees a refund for dissatisfaction. Have questions for Tristan? Click the envelope icon under his picture above.
From Tristan: "I cannot wait to have you join us. This will be a fun, life-changing experience. Grab your spot before they’re gone. Click the “Book Now!” button above. Collaborate with me to craft the best retreat for you. We’re limiting this retreat to a maximum of 10 yogis. Space is limited. Sign up before all spots are taken. We’re anticipating this retreat will sell out in days. Don’t hesitate to sign up now so you don’t miss out!"
Here's what people who have practiced with Tristan at the resort have to say:
"I love your classes... When I do yoga I don't just want to do yoga, I want to do yoga with Tristan. I just have to make sure I get your yoga videos!" - Kevin
"They're grrreat." - Byron Crawford
"They're very relaxing. It gets the job done. I like how you start slow and then you really pick it up." - Mikey
"Tristan's yoga classes are always very relaxing and my favorite part is the facial massage at the end." - Kristel Mills
• 6 nights of accommodations at the award-winning La Tortuga Verde resort in Calle Pacifica, El Salvador.
• Yoga, twice daily. Exact style depends on YOU, but often yogis want Vinyasa Flow in the AM and Yin in the PM.
• Mats and blocks provided
• Evening workshops on topics including but not limited to: Being your authentic self, identifying your values, and shifting your priorities (career, healthy lifestyle, family, etc.)
• Three large meals a day of local, healthy, often organic, DELICIOUS food - Monday through Friday
• Dinner on day of arrival (Sunday), and breakfast on day of departure (Saturday).
• Transportation within the country, after booking your flights to/from San Salvador
• One kayaking trip is included in the price, and additional individual or group kayaking trips can be arranged at-cost
• One surf lesson is included in the price at the world-famous Las Flores break, and additional lessons and trips can be arranged at-cost
• One tour excursion to Conchagua Volcano is included in the price. Additional trips can be arranged at-cost
• Watch turtles release into the ocean*. Depends on availability of eggs - as they're rescued from the black market - and gestation timing. Aww, so sweet!
• Dipping pool on premises
• Pacific Ocean views
• Roundtrip flights. We have retained the services of a travel agent who will be happy to assist you with your flights - just contact us and ask.
These items are not included with the cost of registration:
• Additional adventures, massages, spa services, private yoga lessons, excursions, etc. not listed
• Yoga straps are not provided by the resort. If you require a yoga strap please bring one or do what the event organizer does: improvise, and use a towel or sweater!
• Travel insurance
• Alcoholic beverages
• Optional gratuities for guides, drivers, resort staff, etc.
• Wi-fi. We encourage no electronics during this retreat. Retreat organizer will have local cell internet you can use to check flights, email loved ones, etc.
• Personal expenses
• Laundry. A bar of soap and a sink is all you need if something gets too stinky! The resort offers laundry service for a modest fee, if you’re not comfortable with doing laundry in the sink and hanging your suit outside to dry.
If you want in, simply register for this retreat, book your roundtrip flights to/from San Salvador (ask and we can help!), and collaborate with the organizers so they can craft the best retreat specifically for you. Since space is limited, sign up soon - before all spots are taken. We’re limiting this retreat to a maximum of 10 yogis to ensure unprecedented attention and maximum effectiveness in helping you reach your full potential in all aspects of life. Based on strong interest we’re anticipating this retreat will sell out very quickly - so don’t hesitate to sign up soon so you don’t miss out.
Packing lightly helps relieve travel stress and sets you up for a relaxing retreat. Here’s what you should bring -
• 1 or 2 bathing suits
• 1 or 2 yoga outfits
• 1 sweater to wear for cold beach nights and to wear while hiking since it’s cold at the top
• 1 light rain coat
• 1 pair of socks for the hike, or a few pairs if you often get cold - though you’ll probably mostly be in sandals.
• Optional: 1 outfit to wear for a night on the town. Not too skimpy - as a sign of respect for the locals.
• Beach towel, if you don't want to use the resort's bath towel on the beach.
• Reusable water bottle.
• Small day bag/backpack for hikes.
• Enough cash as you think you’ll spend for souvenirs, alcoholic beverages (a beer is $2 and mixed drinks are $5), and tips above and beyond what the organizers pay the retreat and excursion staff. There is NO ATM nearby - we’re going where the locals go for vacation! So, be sure to use the ATM at San Salvador airport or bring enough cash prior to arriving. El Salvador uses USD.
• 1 small padlock to secure your most precious items in a small locker in your room.
• An additional padlock for your luggage, if you're not comfortable leaving your bag unsecured in your room.
• Any hair products you use including shampoo, conditioner, styler, etc.
• Footwear: Flip flops or other slip-on shoes, and sporty shoes appropriate for climbing a volcano, sightseeing, and walking around town.
• Your personal yoga gear. The resort will supply yoga mat and block - but bring your own if you do not want to use shared equipment. Also, bring a strap, towel, pillow, or any other unique yoga accessory you require.
• A small bag of laundry powder or a small bottle of Dr. Bronner’s for quick laundry in the sink - if you don’t want to pay the resort for laundry. If you forget, don't worry - there are small shops nearby that sell laundry powder.
• Makeup: Up to you, though most guests rarely go all out with makeup at these retreats. Though not on the itinerary, some guests may want to visit a bar at the resort or in town. And we encourage exploring the local area outside the resort! If exploring and having a fun night out while looking fierce is on your to-do list, by all means pack the eyeliner, mascara, and a favorite lipstick! Get it.
• It's hot at the resort, so bring hair ties and/or scrunchies to keep your hair out of your face and off your neck while practicing yoga. Tristan's fav is a loose bun high up on his head so he can lay in Savasana without it getting in the way.
• Tech Gear: for example, a laptop, if you can't live without it. Remember, the wi-fi isn't great here. Which is actually amazing for unplugging and really getting away from it all.
• No need to bring the expensive camera since we’ll have retreat staff taking photographs. Though, if you’re into photography and you want to capture high-quality images you are encouraged to bring your own camera.
• Phone and charger – but try to keep your phone turned off during the day so as not to distract yourself or your fellow retreat-goers. Internet isn’t widely available, though the retreat organizers have cell data if you need to check flights, send a quick email, etc.
• A small notebook and pen.
• Books. E-books come in handy so you’re not weighed down, though they're harder to read in the bright sun so you might want to bring one or two paperbacks if reading is your thing. There is a book exchange at the resort, but we cannot guarantee choice and/or availability.
• No electrical plug converters needed if coming from the USA.
The resort provides bars of bath soap and small towels.
Book this option for your own private room. Limited availability. First-come, first-serve.
A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to reserve your space in the retreat. You must have 50% of the full balance paid 60-days prior to the start date of the retreat. The remaining balance is due 30-days prior to the start date of the yoga retreat. A full refund, minus the deposit fee will be offered for cancellations made more than 60-days prior to the start date of the retreat. Cancellations of le
Book this option for a 10% discount. You will share a room with one other retreat-goer. You will each have your own double bed in a shared room.
A non-refundable $500 deposit is required to reserve your space in the retreat. You must have 50% of the full balance paid 60-days prior to the start date of the retreat. The remaining balance is due 30-days prior to the start date of the yoga retreat. A full refund, minus the deposit fee will be offered for cancellations made more than 60-days prior