What would it feel like to walk on the same ground as your ancestors? to be surrounded by people who look like you? think like you? understand you? To be immerse in real culture and native traditions? We get it, and get you, because we are you!
Our Jan 2019 #BTOR healing retreat in beautiful Benin (West Africa) is a retreat that was created for people of the african diaspora who are interested in learning more about their roots. You will be traveling with a group of like minded individuals who just like you want to learn more about their west African culture and history. Moreover, we will dwell deeper into the ancestral traditional healing and spiritual practices of Benin.
You will feel EMPOWERED to know the truth of our history, you will feel more GROUNDED and more at PEACE by RECONNECTING WITH THE SPIRIT OF YOUR ANCESTOR.
During the retreat:
1. We will explore the beauty and sacredness of Benin, West Africa.
2. We will explore and undo the myths surrounding our ancestral African spiritual practices
3. We will release the pain that our ancestors endured during slavery and colonization through various healing rituals.
4. We will learn to create balance and peace in our own lives, through the wisdom of our ancestors.ancestors.
Register today! Retreat catered for people of the African Diaspora. Deadline for payment plans deposit is November 25th, and deadline for full payment ticket purchase is December 15th. For detailed itinerary click here
****BY PURCHASING A PACKAGE YOU AGREE TO OUR POLICY BELOW***
Due to the intimate size of this group trip, preparation, and vendor contract, there will be NO REFUNDS issued by neither Awura nor Wilizé Maléombho for the Back to our roots 2019 Benin retreat. By purchasing a package, you have acknowledged and agreed to our NO REFUND POLICY. However, you may purchase a trip cancellation coverage through a travel insurance agency which ables you to forgo the unnecessary worries around what happens if an emergency occurs and you can’t make your trip. A few good travel insurance agency options are Travelex insurance services, Travelguard.com and Allianz Global assistance.
***By purchasing this package you have acknowledged and agreed to our NO REFUND POLICY and our liability agreement***
Our most popular package to date, it includes everything that you have available in the Live package except for flight tickets & the 2 complementary massages.
Package Detail-FOR WOMEN OF COLOR
1. Airport transfers
2. 11 nights Living accommodation, comfortable 5 star residence (Cotonou & Ouidah)
3. Coach travel around Benin
4. Access passes to The Voodoo Festival
5. Access passes to touristic tours
6. Daily morning meditation
7. Healing workshops & circles
8. Culinary workshops
9. Assisting ancestral ritual-meditation rituals base on the 4 element of nature
10. Nutritious meals (vegan and vegetarian option available)
11. Goodie bags- gifts from all of our sponsors
***MOST POPULAR PACKAGE ***
Although Awura is a community for women of the diaspora, we made space for our brothers who wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to discover the healing energy of Africa through the wisdom of our ancestors. . ***Space is extremely limited***
Package detail -BOTH MEN & WOMEN
***Men & Women welcomed***
Don't want to worry about flight tickets? don't worry we got you! In our live package everything will be taken care of for you, from plane tickets purchases to 2 complementary massages by specialist, Laurence Sessou + team.
Package detail-FOR WOMEN OF COLOR
1. Flights to Benin
2. Airport transfers (see below for details)
3. 11 nights accommodation, comfortable 5 star residence (Cotonou & Ouidah)
4. Coach travel around Benin
5. Access passes to The Voodoo festival
7.Access passes to touristic tours
8. Daily morning meditation
9. Healing workshops & circles
10. Culinary workshops
11. Assisting ancestral rituals- meditation rituals based on the 4 element of nature
12. Nutritious meals ( vegan and vegetarian option available)
13. 2 complimentary massages from therapist Laurence Sessou
13. Goodie bags- gifts from all of our sponsors
**Airfare included + 2 complementary massages***
(flights leaving from Los Angeles or NYC. We Recommend NYC for faster flights to Africa)
Last but not least, our Peace package was created for people who have already been to Benin or are bi-langual in english and french.
Package Detail -FOR WOMEN OF COLOR
***Attend all of the activities***
Arrive at Cotonou Benin's international airport (Airport Cadjehoun) where you will be warmly greeted by our Awura rep that will chauffeur you to your beautiful home. On arrival, there will be a welcome drink reception, followed by icebreaker games and a traditional Benin feast to be served while you make yourself at home. You will also receive your goodie bags from our sponsors. Your home in Benin will be available to you starting Jan 4th 2019. We welcome and encourage travelers coming from a different time zone to settle in before the 7th in order to rest and adjust to the new environment ( PLEASE NOTE***: Although Airport transfers will be available during that time, everything else from your package will apply on January 7th)
For a more detailed itinerary (including healing circles, meditation, daily activity with times, meals included and more) please visit the site by clicking www.wilize.com and download the travel catalogue. It also includes answers to frequently asked questions, from what to pack to important traveling documents.