Escape to the exotic beachfront resort, Maya Tulum Mexico, a premiere yoga and wellness destination on the Caribbean for our 5-night yoga and wellness retreat, with Sally Mitchell from Body Flows Yoga Retreats.
Just 1.5 hours drive south of Cancun and 15 mins drive south of the Mayan ruins at Tulum, this magical and mystical hidden gem is bordered by the ocean on one side and the jungle on the other. Step out of your cabana right onto the beach, just footsteps from the ocean! This is the perfect place to destress, rejuvenate and connect mind, body, soul.
As well as retreating from your daily life, you will have the opportunity to deepen your yoga practice with 2 yoga classes daily, including vinyasa flow for all levels and yin/restorative yoga, healing and rejuvenating for the body, mind and soul. Two optional workshops will be held during the retreat (learning natural, efficient and injury free ChiRunning and ChiWalking, and taking yoga off the mat into your daily life, including some yoga philosophy and an overview and discussion about the eight limbs of yoga). All yoga classes and workshops are optional although highly encouraged.
Massages and spa treatments are available onsite at Maya Tulum, and optional activities and excursions may be arranged on arrival (such as snorkeling, stand-up paddle board, biking, hiking, and visits to beautiful lagoons, caverns and popular Mayan ruin sites at Tulum). Read more about Maya Tulum's excursions.
The yoga classes will be a blend of Vinyasa Flow and Hatha, linking movement with the breath, moving your body through both yin and yang postures. The classes will be theme-based, creative and balanced and will incorporate pranayama (breathing), strengthening, stretching, detoxing, energizing, and meditation. You will experience a safe and nurturing practice, leaving you feeling relaxed yet energized.
All levels are welcome and encouraged at our Maya Tulum Mexico Retreat! We look forward to sharing this journey and vacation with you at this stunning and tropical beachfront resort!
** Register by March 25th for Early Bird Rate and Bring a Friend Rate **
Your Retreat Leader
Sally Mitchell, RYT 200 Hour Yoga Teacher, Certified Massage Therapist, Reiki Practitioner, ChiRunning and ChiWalking Instructor, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach.
Sally began teaching and healing through yoga, natural running/walking techniques, massage, energy healing and health and wellness coaching to share with others what has helped her to heal her own body, and discover a path of transformation and greater self awareness. Her passion is to help people to move their bodies with greater ease and to awaken to their inner desires and passions, becoming happier and healthier. Through her own personal experiences and learnings, Sally also integrates personal transformation and wellness coaching, inspiring change, growth and a deeper sense of purpose.
Sally's yoga classes consist of flowing sequences, linking movement with the breath, incorporating both power and restorative poses, pranayama and meditation, for balanced, mindful and energizing practice. All levels are welcome. Read more about Sally and this retreat on her website here.
What People Are Saying
"Sally just continues to raise the bar. Her yoga retreat weekends are simply AWESOME! I've attended 4 retreats and loved them all." - Michelle
"What a great retreat, Sally! Many, many thanks for all the creative energy and attention to detail that you put into making such a great experience, and for bringing together such a fabulous group of people. Looking forward to crossing paths again!" - Sara
"Sally's Yoga retreats are truly a "reset" experience for us Yoginis who live very busy, stressful and active lives. Sally creates a very inspirational atmosphere, both physically with the locations she chooses AND supportive of any level of Yoga practice; spiritually, and offers a lovely sense of needed community and genuine guidance and caring. She is one of a kind." - Kathy, March 2017
- Daily guided meditation
- 2 optional workshops (natural ChiWalking/ChiRunning form, Yoga Philosophy, Vision Board Creation)
- 5 nights accommodation (double or single occupancy available)
- 3 delicious meals per day, breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Free time to relax and enjoy beach, ocean, massage, spa, excursions
- Optional activities and excursions (snorkeling, biking, scuba diving, stand-up paddle board, lagoon, caverns, Mayan ruins at Tulum)
- Snorkeling (additional cost, equipment can be rented at a local dive shop 15 minutes walking distance from Maya Tulum for $6-$8 USD per day)
- Biking (additional cost, available for rent for $10 USD per day, about 20 minute walking distance from Maya Tulum)
- Airport Transfer (additional cost) - 1.5 hours drive from Cancun International airport. Approximately one month prior to the retreat, you will receive instructions for booking the airport transfer if you wish. The cost is $80 per person each way.
- Travel Insurance (we require that all participants purchase travel insurance)
- Activities and Excursions (can be arranged on arrival)
- Massage and Spa Treatments (can be arranged on arrival)
Ocean View - Double Occupancy (2 Double beds)
Ocean Front - Double Occupancy (1 King or 2 Double beds)
Ocean Front - Single Occupancy (1 King)