After a breakfast in Casa Sakiwa, we pick you up at 08H00 – 08H20 from the Pan-American.
20 minutes after, we reach the park entrance of Cotopaxi National Park.
This day begins with spectacular views of the unique Andean Landscape in the Volcanoes Avenue.
Once inside the National Park, we walk towards the refuge that is at 4800 m. Certainly here we will rest a bit to fill our energy.
Once this is done, we walk a little further until we reach the glaciers, at a total altitude of 5000 m. Also, on the way back, we will stop at the refuge to see the rest of the group that did not climb the glaciers. While we descend to the parking lot to listen to the guide’s instructions. Therefore, listen to each instruction provided by the guide on the use of bicycles and the recommendations it offers. Certainly enjoy the descent to the lagoon of cleanliness.
Due to all the adrenaline adventure and fun we have, you will probably want a good hot soup. For the reason that we headed to our lunch. Finally we will return to Machachi.
INCLUDED ON THE TOUR
Transportation from Machachi to Cotopaxi and way back
Bike + Helmet
Taxi to and from the Panamericana Highway
NOT INCLUDED ON THE TOUR
Nothing that is not specified in this itinerary
Warm clothing Sunglasses
Camera Hiking Shoes
Gloves, Waterproof, Jacket, Cotton Pants
Extra water, Sun Cream
Extra Energy Drinks& snacks
Walking Sticks (optional)
· Breakfast in Casa Sakiwa Hotel
· Pick-up Hotel-Panamericana Highway by taxi
· Pick-up in Panamericana to Cotopaxi
· Travel to Cotopaxi National Park.
· Arrive to parking.
· Explanation about volcano /animals/ plants/etc.
· Start hiking to Jose Rivas Refugee (4800m).
· After a short rest, hikes till the glaciers (5000m).
· Hike down to have lunch, followed by short bikes briefing.
· Down Hilling to Limpiopungo Lake. Hiking around to Limpiopungo Lake, Down Hilling to Museum
· Return to Machachi
· Ecosport leaves you on Panamericana Highway, please take a taxi to return to Casa Sakiwa, we pay it for you.
Please remember: Casa Sakiwa Hotel is a point of sale of this tour.
DEPARTURE DAYS: Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
If you are interested, please let us know!
Tour operated by: Ecosportour