- 3 days 4x4 adventure expedition in Bolivia's wilderness southwest, crossing the border with Chile
- Meet with unique natural jewel - the world's largest salt flat Salar de Uyuni . Miles of blinding white salt crust stretch in every direction over horizon. **This trip is planned in the beginning of rainy season, a chance to discover the rare natural phenomenon, when a huge desert turns into the "the largest mirror on Earth” ! Play with reflection on the water and optical effects. Take the precious pictures and videos!
- Take in spectacular scenery - terra-cotta sand dunes, surreal-shaped volcanic rocks reminiscent of Salvador Dali paintings, red and emerald-color lakes, pink flamingo colonies, steaming geysers, solidified lava fields!
- See sunsets and sunrises on the edge of the world. Uyuni is considered to be one of the best places in the world for stargazing under the arches of Milky Way....
- Stay 2 nights in the desert away from civilization, in the basic guest-houses run by local families. Feel Bolivian hospitality and interact with locals.
- Explore 2 countries and 3 cities in one trip: shop at the Witches Market in colonial-style city of La Paz, experience the best dining in Santiago de Chile, explore poetic Valparaiso at Pacific Coast, famous for its street art and bohemian ambience.
- And finally, varnish your impressions with the glass of good chilean wine at boutique wineries of Central Valley.
- Bring back home your own remarkable travel story, unique photo-materials and a bottle or two of your famous chilean wine to share with your friends and family! Cheers!
Optional extension: LAKE TITIKAKA AND TIWANAKU RUINS
(you have to arrive 2 days earlier):
Drive to Titikaka Lake from La Paz. Take a boat cruise to the Isla del Sol. Visit local aymara weavers house and participate in shamanic ceremony. Overnight in the comfortable lodge at Isla del Sol. Watch the sunrise above Titikaka and Cordillera Real snow-capped range. On the way back to La Paz visit Tiwanacu archeological site, a cradle of the Inca civilization.
- On 4x4 expedition days: we allocate 3 travelers per jeep (compared to 5 persons per vehicle in other regular tours).
- Along with famous photography spots we go out of the beaten track. Our drivers know every corner of Salar de Uyuni and have some secret places to show you.
- Our group will be assisted by a crew of professional english-speaking local drivers with over 20 years of experience of providing tours in the region. Being knowledgeable drivers and car mechanics, they are also true experts of local culture as they were born here. Drivers will be our cooking chefs, lunches will be served enroute picnic style, prepared by the crew.
- Drivers have air-tanks in the vehicles in case someone feels the symptoms of altitude sickness
- Lodging during the days of 4x4 journey will be the best in middle category: clean and warm rooms with private facilities and hot shower. You won't need a sleeping bag, as the clean linen and warm blankets will be provided by lodges.
- In Chile we will be visiting 3 exclusive boutique wineries (non-mainstream, but small family wineries, where tourists crowds don't go). Private wine tasting with local expert is included.
- Our team - is the best and funniest team of like-minded travel buddies! are you still thinking?
Arrival to La Paz. In the afternoon explore the city of La Paz, its plazas, churches and colonial-style streets with english-speaking guide. Visit the Witch Market in a search for "shocking" trophies. End the day taking the cable car ride with the best panoramic views of the city at sunset. Walking around the streets of La Paz you will be also amazed to see Aymara indigenous women everywhere, known locally as "cholitas" dressed so colorfully in traditional dresses, each one bringing her own unique charm. If you like taking pictures of local people, La Paz is a place for you! :-)