Lencois Maranhenses is a hidden paradise in the Northeast of Brazil. This is a unique landscape that combines white sand dunes with blue and emerald freshwater lagoons stretching beyond horizon. If you are an experienced traveler, who has been to many places before, and you are looking for a unique place on Earth, and some kind of disconnect, this will be a trip just for you!
We are going to cross the national park on a barefoot trekking, watching sunrises and sunsets in the desert, staying overnight in tiny villages in the desert, having meals prepared by locals, sleeping in hammocks, getting lost in the starry sky and, of course, rushing down the dunes until you hit the crystal-clear lagoons (yes you can swim there).
Visit another unique Natural Wonder of Brazil and South America: Iguasu Falls, the biggest in South America and third biggest in the world!
- Trekking total: 3 days/ 2 nights
- Accommodation on a trek 2 nights in the desert, hammocks or foldable beds,
- Level of difficulty: Intermediate. This trek requires medium physical strength. It’s not advised for those with heart problem, hypertensives, or allergic to occasional insect’s bites
- Daily walking mileage: 9-17 km
- Be ready for early wake-ups: We are going to hike in the morning hours when the weather is breezy and the sand is not too hot. We recommended wearing socks for hiking
- Meals & drinking water will be provided to travelers
- Duffel bags (30L) for the trek will be provided, the rest of the luggage will be kept in the office in - Sao Luis and picked up after the hike
- Duffel bags with your trekking luggage will be carried by mules
- You carry only your day-pack with essentials, & water
- Toilets and showers are available at the campgrounds (elsewhere on a trek - behind the dune)
if the Trip is canceled by Organizer by any reason, the amount paid by Participant will be fully refundable (100% of all your payment will be refunded, including transactions fees paid by Participant at the time of booking)
If the trip is cancelled by Participant due to any personal reasons, the following penalties will be applied:
👉🏽 Cancellation outside of 90 days before departure - fully refundable
👉🏽 Cancellation 90 to 60 calendar days before departure - registration deposit is non-refundable
👉🏽 Cancellation 60 to 31 calendar days before departure – up to 50% of trip cost is non-refundable
👉🏽 Cancellation 30 to 0 days - Up to 100% of trip cost is non-refundable
We strongly encourage you to purchase Travel Cancellation Insurance after the booking is made. It will protect you from unexpected cancellations due to your personal reasons like sudden sickness, change of travel plans and other things.
Arrival in Sao Paulo
Overnight in hotel in Sao Paulo.
Activities on this day will depend on international flight arrival.