CALIFORNIA GOLD RUSH COUNTRY IN SIERRA MOUNTAIN FOOTHILLS
CHAMPIONSHIP GOLF RESORTS, ADVENTURE AND WINERIES
7 DAYS/6 NIGHTS/4 ROUNDS with optional add on excursion to nearby Yosemite National Park
Play championship golf in scenic and undiscovered region of Central California, just west of the Sierra Mountains and Yosemite National Park. Enjoy the spectacular views of the Sierra mountain foothills with rivers of pristine snowmelt feed expansive shimmering lakes. Both the Golf Club at Copper Valley and Greenhorn Creek Golf Resorts are surrounded by expansive wilderness with wildlife not found anywhere else in the World. The historic and picturesque gold rush towns offer antique shops, museums, wine tasting, art galleries and shopping in a small town setting.
• Just over two hour drive from San Francisco Airport in your rental vehicle or transit van with driver/guide.
• Accommodations at both Copper Valley and Greenhorn Creek World Class Golf Resorts or stay at the vintage Victoria Inn in historic gold rush town of Murphys.
• Option to spend one night in the mountains at the Arnold Black Bear Inn and play golf at Sequoia Woods Private Country Club (seasonal)
• Visit historic Angels Camp where Mark Twain wrote his famous frog jumping short story.
• Play two rounds of Golf at Greenhorn Creek, designed by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Wild deer and other wildlife sightings are common throughout the golf course.
• Play two rounds of golf at The Golf Club at Copper Valley. This scenic and challenging course features both gentle and dramatic changes in elevation. Breathtaking views are just part of the experience, including dramatic views of the Sierras, Yosemite and a plentiful variety of wildlife.
• Afternoon wine tasting tour included to several famous vineyards. Followed by a dinner BBQ at Prospect 772 Wine Company (or another western style restaurant).
• Day of adventure with your choice of white water rafting (seasonal), cave and cavern exploration, zip lining thru the forest, gold prospecting in local streams, horseback riding or hike in the Big Tree State Park.
• Add on more days to visit Yosemite National Park two hours away.
Enjoy the California sunshine in the Sierra Nevada foothills as well as an outdoor pool, wine-tasting bar, spas, and on-site dining at Gateway Hotel and Golf Bungalows, Trademark Collection by Wyndham. Surrounded by the restaurants, shops, and entertainment of the Western-inspired Town Square at Copper Valley, this contemporary, non-smoking retreat is five miles from The Golf Club at Copper Valley. Sip fantastic wines on tours of vineyards like Prospect 772, go swimming, boating, and fishing on Lake Tulloch, or pan for gold at California Gold Panning.