Get ready to restore and explore with a week of quietude, reflection and beautiful surroundings. Daily yoga, meditation, and much much more are in store for you on this 6 night 5 day retreat.
Leave your worries at home as you travel to the remote, beautiful town of Kampot, where the river and the sea meet in a small fishing and tourist town. You'll enjoy the comfortable bungalows, amazingly fresh food, and sip many mango smoothies throughout the week.
Pierce's knowledge from 5 previous trips here will give you valuable insight into the places, experiences, and spirit of the people. You'll eventually know why he stayed so long the first time he stumbled upon this destination.
There are many options for those looking to stay active, and many options for those that want to keep things low key. We like doing both and will point you in the right direction.
Because you're the type of person that to spend a tropical week far far away from home to focus on and more of YOU. This isn't just another vacation, this is an experience for your soul. This trip is really about the journey and who you become after.
Travel enlightens humanity
Yoga makes you whole again
These two things (plus an endless supply of exotic fresh fruit, salt water, sunny days and good people) help change us. And when you see the world, experience other cultures, and truly experience yourself, then you can bring that back home with you.
7am yoga class
9am group breakfast
10a-5pm free time / group activity
12-2pm lunch whenever you like
5pm yoga/meditation class
7pm group dinner
What to bring:
• Current Passport (not expiring within 6 months) with empty visa pages and a photocopy for yourself
• A couple passport size photos for immigration (you can do this at walgreens)
• Crisp $USD - no torn or badly wrinkled bills are accepted
• $30 USD for Visa on Arrival fee
• Yoga mat and any props you like
• Reusable water bottle
• Bug spray / Sun block
• Hat for sun protection
Here is some information to prepare for the trip:
• Cambodia uses US dollars and Riel as local currency, so feel free to bring cash with you to use for expenses while there. Make sure they are crisp bills and not torn or wrinkled. ATM’s dispense US dollars but charge a processing fee. Your bank may also charge a fee on top of this, but not all do, so check with your bank. Many places do not take credit cards, so cash will be your friend. The exchange rate for Riel to USD is around 4,000 Riel to $1.00. Make sure to notify your bank(s) and credit card(s) of the countries you plan to travel to in advance of your trip.
• When entering Cambodia (or any of the surrounding countries) mark “tourism” as your purpose of entry.
• If you are coming straight from the airport in Phnom Penh (on the edge of town) to Kampot on Sunday March 3rd, we can arrange a taxi pickup for you. Cost between $35-$50 one way and takes approximately 2.5 hours. If you will be in Phnom Penh city we can arrange a bus ticket for you (or taxi from your hotel/guesthouse) or you can buy yourself. It is very easy to plan transport once you are there as well. We recommend Giant Ibis, as they are a medium sized bus, stop at a halfway point in the trip for bathroom and snacks and has wifi on board. The trip is around 3 hours and cost $10 - http://giantibis.com/
• The weather is warm, between 70’s and 90’s and it will be the dry season; most likely it will not rain during that time. All accommodations are fan only rooms, and the temperature gets cool in the evening to make sleeping comfortable.
• Cambodia is mainly a Buddhist country but you will see some Muslim villages and sparing Christianity.
• Read more about Cambodia's religious history here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Cambodia
• Cambodians and the language are called Khmer (pronounced - “Ka-My”) - Read more about Cambodia’s history here: http://bit.ly/2qVk0J6
- $100 Early bird discount if deposit paid before November 30, 2018
- Deposits are non-refundable and hold your space and rooming option in the retreat
- Full amount paid in full by February 1st 2019
- No refunds after February 1st 2019
Below you will find our various housing packages listed by room or bungalow.
The prices listed are per person.
Each room or bungalow is denoted by a Letter and Number (ex: B6) and can accommodate different situations, i.e. single in a room, couple in a room, shared room, private bungalow, shared bungalow, etc...Once the room/bungalow is booked, the other options for that room will be deleted. We set it up this way to give you various options so that you can find the best one that suits you. If you do not see what you are looking for, please drop us a line, it is pretty easy to accommodate requests.
"I thought Rachel and Pierce were awesome! You were both professional, knowledgeable and enthusiastic! I would definitely do another retreat with both."
"Everything was perfect! Best retreat I have ever been on!"
"Amazing amazing. You both were so incredible throughout the retreat. Great balance of yoga, group time, and space for outside adventures. Both your teaching styles complimented each other so well. Great job, seemed like you had been leading retreats for years! Hugs."
"Retreat leaders were welcoming, open, and supportive 😊"
Private Room - Double bed with shared bath on top floor of main house with small private terrace.
Private Room - Double bed with private bath (sink/shower), shared toilet on middle floor of main house with shared terrace.
Private Room - Double bed with shared bath on top floor of main house.
Private bungalow with terrace and bathroom.
Want this option as a couple? Save $200 each ($400 couple) - price is reduced to $1050 each and must purchase (2). Price adjusted after deposit is made.
Bungalow with private terrace and bathroom. (2 beds, one big, one small).
Want this option as a couple? Save $200 each ($400 couple) - price is reduced to $1050 each and must purchase (2).
Price adjusted after deposit is made.