Join our team in CANADIAN ROCKIES, a true frosty winter wonderland, to experience a UNIQUE NATURAL PHENOMENON - millions of bubbles of methane on ideally smooth icy lakes surface that create incredible surrealistic patterns! Surrounded by rocky snowy peaks and glaciers the whole landscape looks like a magical piece of art! 🎨🏔❄️
Bonus of this trip ☝🏾- a memorable photography of the most wow-moments captured by talented crew photographer Alex Mironyuk!
🔥 Trip Highlights:
☃️ 3 days in Nordegg region to experience a unique Abraham lake with its millions of frozen bubbles natural phenomenon and beautiful snowy trails
☃️ 2 days of snowshoe adventure in BANFF, Jasper and Yoho National Parks to see surrealistically impressive frozen waterfalls, canyons and rivers, surrounded by dramatic peaks
☃️ Drive along the epic Icefield Highway
☃️ Comfortable lodging, with opportunity to relax in spa & sauna after the frosty hiking day
☃️ Professional photography
☃️ Great company of fun and adventurous people like you and tons of happy memories!
✈️ Trip start/end: Calgary, Canada
🥾 Average daily hiking distance: ~ 5-8 miles of snowy trails dialy, moderate elevation gain 1500+ feet
😫 Level of difficulty: Intermediate (no special climbing skills required)
🏔 Participant's Physical fitness: Intermediate,. Previous hiking experience preferred
🏡 Accommodation: Comfortable hotels & lodges (2 people sharing rooms w/private bathroom)
🚙 Transport: AWD Premium SUV's 7-seaters
🍭 Kids: 16+ (assisted by parent, previous hiking experience is must)
☝🏾 The itinerary below is a draft plan. The final day-by-day logistics will be confirmed approximately 7 days before departure depending on weather and road conditions. All alternative trails and activities will be offered by Organizer according to safety reasons and weather conditions
☝🏾 In case of unfavorable weather conditions Organizer will change the initially booked accommodation for alternative options that will be available on our dates of travel according to new logistics
- A backpack for carrying all your gear, extra clothing, food, camera, water etc
- Flashlight (preferably a headlamp) with a set of spare batteries
- Winter down-jacket and pants for arctic cold weather
- Thermal underwear
- Arctic mask (balaclava).
- Ski goggles (in case of strong wind)
- Insulated winter boots
- Micro-spikes that will help you stay on your feet when walking both on flat ice and icy slopes. Please don't buy cheap "made in china" items cost $10 - they fail apart in the first hours of use. Kahtoola MICROspikes Traction System should work for you or similar
- Snowshoes chosen according to your weight. The best snowshoe option is the ASCENT SERIES from MSR (can be found online )
- Hiking poles (if you use them), they make your life easier not only for ascents and descents, but also in deep snow
- Warm winter gloves. The best: The Heat Company (Austria) or similar
- Hand & toe warmers (inserts for gloves and shoes, can be purchased on Amazon or REI)
- Lip balm
In if the Trip departure is canceled by Organizer, the amount paid by Participant will be fully refundable;
If the trip is cancelled by Participant due to any reason, the following penalties will be applied:
- Cancellation 60 o more days before departure - fully refundable
- Cancellation 59 to 45 calendar days before departure - up to 50% of the trip cost, including registration deposit
- Cancellation 44 to 0 calendar days before departure – non refundable
Travel cancellation insurance policy is very recommended for this Trip
The ideal winter weather conditions in Canada is air temperature -20 ° C to -10 ° C with very strong winter cold winds. You should stock up on good sturdy winter clothing and shoes and thermal underwear.
The Canada border will be reopening to fully vaccinated American citizens and permanent residents (currently residing in the US) for discretionary travel as of August 9, 2021.
No self-isolation is required. All restrictions has been lifted however masks are still required on public transit.
To be eligible for entry to Canada you should be:
- Fully vaccinated at time of travel (having your 2nd vaccine done at least 2 weeks before arrival).
- Show no symptoms of Covid-19 on the day of entry
Arrival in the afternoon. Meet in Calgary, located near the airport. After a short introductory briefing, we will go to our first dinner together, where we can get to know each other a little better.
Stay at hotel in Calgary