Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is a challenging plan, therefore we take it up with a good acclimatization schedule. Included in the itinerary are Cayambe and Antisana Volcanos, Ecuador's 3rd and 4th highest mountains and the only snow-covered spot on the equatorial line. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climbs are not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
In this 14 day-package an extended acclimatization process is included, further you'll get to know some of the highlights of the Ecuadorian Andean region, among them the city of Quito, Imbabura, Papallacta Hot Springs, and the city of Riobamba or Cotopaxi National Park.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (NATIONAL / ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers on glaciated mountains, 1 guide during the rest of the trip
- transportation in private vehicle during the tour (from / to Quito)
- accommodation as per itinereray (or similar - depending on availability)
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- entrance fees Quito (Basilica del Voto Nacional), QuitSato, Peguche, Papallacta General Area
- meals as specified in the itinerary
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag + pad for huts and camps, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- other entrance fees (eg. in the city for churches etc.)
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are booking as a group of 2.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
You are booking as an individual climber, private tour.
arrival at Quito airport, transfer to your hotel (Casa Ilayaku or Vieja Cuba)
catering: - / - / -
accommodation in Hotel Vieja Cuba (in town) or Casa Ilayaku (outside of town) with breakfast.