Ladies, this adventure is exclusively for you!
Get ready to explore some of the most beautiful scenery in Europe, with cascading waterfalls, jade-green rivers and breathtaking mountain scenery. Best of all, you don't have to worry about searching for halal food, whether there's a place to pray or if you can wear your burkini. We've got that all covered!
Here's what Ayan had to say when she joined us on this trip in July 2022:
"I recently went to Bosnia with HTG on a woman's only retreat and as it was my first solo trip i was a bit anxious about what the whole experience would hold but i had nothing to worry about as I was made to feel absolutely welcomed and part of the group. Was able to make amazing memories, shared lots of laughs, met wonderful people and truly had a great adventure on this holiday.
HTG provided us with not only great accommodation, stunning food, amazing guides, easy transports, beautiful locations to explore and education on the history of the country. But also the opportunity to make true long lasting friendships along the way.
I was truly lucky to share this trip with absolutely wonderful sisters who became family by the end.
I would no doubt recommend HTG to anyone. Being able to travel feeling safe and secure among a group who want to learn, explore and genuinely have fun same as you."
What you'll experience
We're only running this trip ONCE in 2023, so book early to avoid disappointment!
Dates: Saturday 5th - Thursday 10th August 2023
Please note this is a ladies-only trip
Arrival window: On Saturday 5th August, from 10:30 - 11:30 am.
This window is the time in which your plane should be scheduled to land if you want to benefit from the group transfer. There are multiple airports and airlines that cater to this flight window.
Departure Window: On Thursday 10th August, your plane should not depart before 12 pm, to give you time to get to the airport from Bosnia. You can choose an even later flight and spend the afternoon exploring Dubrovnik at your leisure (it's entirely up to you).
Arrival/Departure Airport: Dubrovnik (DBV)
We welcome guests from all nationalities and countries to join the trip and can arrange separate airport transfers where necessary, for an additional fee.
Please familiarise yourself with the Ts&Cs below. It's very important that you have read these before booking your flights, to give yourself the best preparation and protection.
1. A £60 deposit is required to confirm your booking. The deposit is non-transferable and non-refundable.
2. Full payment is required no later than 8 weeks before your trip departure.
3. Once you have made your full payment it is non-refundable and non-transferable. You may sell your space to somebody else should you find you are no longer able to travel.
4. Cancellations less than 10 weeks before trip departure are liable to incur costs. Should you anticipate challenges travelling, please give us as much notice as possible.
5. We strongly recommend you buy travel insurance as soon as making your booking, to protect yourself in case unforeseen circumstances arise and you are no longer able to travel. This should include medical cover and cancellation protection in the event of covid, flight cancellations, illness etc.
6. Entry requirements: It is incumbent upon each traveller to familiarise themselves with the entry requirements to the country they are visiting. This includes visas and covid testing status.
7. The itinerary is a suggested outline of the route we will take and the activities that we'll experience. We will keep it flexible and make changes in the event the weather, or road conditions mean we need to adjust our plans. The same goes for our activity coordinators - in the event they are unwell or unable to attend due to a private emergency, don't worry; we'll arrange a suitable alternative.
8. All guests are screened following booking. Should you not pass the screening process, your deposit will be refunded.
9. You will receive details of the accommodations you'll be hosted at in your welcome pack, after booking. We expect you to research the accommodations in advance so that you know what to expect on the trip, particularly if you are opting for a shared room.
10. Once you are on the trip, there are no refunds, partial refunds or credit refunds.
11. Should your flight be cancelled, it is incumbent upon you to book a suitable alternative. If you do not attend the trip this will be classed as a no-show, and no refunds will be given. (This is where your travel insurance recommended in clause 5 will come in handy!).
Dobrodosli o Bosno!
Welcome to Bosnia!
Technically, it's also Welcome to Croatia, since this is where you'll be arriving. We've arranged to pick you up at Dubrovnik Airport, and then take you across the border into Bosnia. Enjoy the scenic views as you're driven along the Adriatic Coast!
Once we're across the border, we'll head towards the scenic town of Stolac for lunch. You'll have some time to freshen up and walk around here, along with making a trip to the local mini waterfall.
Special activity: We've arranged for you to visit one of the oldest and most beautiful Muslim houses in the area, where you'll take part in a fig-cake-making activity. Fig-cake is a Stolac speciality and once you've tried Azra's recipe, you won't want to try any other!
This evening you'll spend your first night in Mostar, at our 4* hotel.
Pro tips: If you're taking an early-morning flight, bring some snacks such as fresh fruit and nuts with you, to keep you energised. The drive from Dubrovnik - Stolac is between 2-3 hours.
Overnight in Mostar