Enjoy a trip that will take you to archaeological, environmental and cultural heritage sites. Choquequirao is a lost city where the Incas took refuge. It is located in the Valley of Vilcabamba, a beautiful region thick with rainforests. This archaeological site is considered as important as Machu Picchu.
The journey begins in Cusco. After trekking on both paved and dirt roads, we will reach the town of Cachora. We will be surrounded by beautiful landscapes and will also appreciate the flora and fauna of the Canyon of Apurimac, then we will reach the “Cradle of Gold” of the Incas.
Itinerary, departing from Cusco City year-round:
- Day 1 - Leave Cusco, arrive in Cachora and begin hike with views of Wayna Cachora mountains, arrive to camp in Chiquisca, dinner and overnight stay (5-6 hour hike)
- Day 2 - Begin hiking, lunch at Santa Rosa, continue on to Sunchupata for dinner and overnight stay (7-8 hour hike)
- Day 3 - Ascend to Choquequiraw, guided tour of citadel and surrounding archaeological sites, descend back to Chiquisca camp
- Day 4 - Descend to Capuliyoc Pass, reach Cachora. transfer back to Cuzco
Included in this trip:
- All transportation, including pick-up from hotel
- Horses and porters to carry the camping equipment, food and cooking equipment
- Professional bilingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Food: 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Dinners
- Private transport to Cachora (round-trip)
- Entrance ticket to Choquequirao