Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is definitely a challenging plan, therefore we recommend a good acclimatization schedule. Included in the itinerary, the Cayambe Volcano Ecuador's 3rd highest mountain and the only snow-covered spot on the equatorial line. Also part of the adventure is the summit of Iliniza Norte (5.126 m / 16,818 ft). Besides those climbs we visit Cotopaxi National Park for a small glacier training. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climb is not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climb we recommend at least 3 - 4 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible. In this 7 day-package some acclimatization is covered, further you'll get to know other highlights of the Ecuadorian Andean region.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on email@example.com or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (NATIONAL / ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers on glaciated mountains, 1 guide during the rest of the trip
- transportation in private vehicle during the tour (from / to Quito)
- accommodation as per itinereray (or similar - depending on availability)
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified in the itinerary
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag for hut, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- other entrance fees (eg. in the city for churches etc.)
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
You are booking as a group of 3 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber or for less than 3 people, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
Early start, drive to the parking area in the Natural Reserve Los Ilinizas (3970 m / 13020 ft), hike up to the Refugio Nuevos Horizontes (2 - 3 hours) at 4730 m / 15520 ft, where we will have a short break.
Then we continue the ascent to ILINIZA NORTE (5.126 m / 16,818 ft), approx. 2 to 3-hour-tour with nice rock scrambling sections to the summit, descent via the direct route to the parking lot, transfer back to our accommodation.
tech. data: ↑↓ 1150 m / 3770 ft | ↔ 11,3 km / 7 mi
catering: B / LB / D
accommodation in Ilinizas Lodge in El Chaupi (3.600 m / 11.800 ft) in single / double / triple rooms with dinner and breakfast included