Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is definitely a challenging plan, therefore we take it up with a good acclimatization schedule. Included in the itinerary the iconic Cotopaxi Volcano (5.897 m / 19,347 ft), which is another epic target for many mountaineers coming to Ecuador. This beauty is said to be the world's highest active volcano. The view into its huge crater is simply breathtaking. Also part of the advenure is Cayambe Volcano, Ecuador's 3rd highest mountain. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climbs are not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climbs we recommend at least 4 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible. In this 16 day-package acclimatization is taken care of, further you'll get to know some of the highlights of the Ecuadorian Andean region, among them the city of Quito, Papallacta hot springs and the city of Riobamba.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (NATIONAL / ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers on glaciated mountains, 1 guide during the rest of the trip
- transportation in private vehicle during the tour (from / to Quito)
- accommodation as per itinereray (or similar - depending on availability)
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified in the itinerary
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag + pad for huts and camps, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- other entrance fees (eg. in the city for churches etc.)
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
With full payment or partial payment of the tour the climber accepts the latest version of andean summit adventure's terms and conditions, which can be downloaded HERE.
You are booking as a group of 2.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
You are booking as an individual climber a tour with a private guide.
arrival at Quito airport, transfer to your hotel (Casa Ilayaku or Vieja Cuba)
catering: - / - / -
accommodation in Hotel Vieja Cuba (in town) or Casa Ilayaku (outside of town) with breakfast.