Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is definitely a challenging plan, therefore we recommend a good acclimatization schedule. The night at the high camp requires good preparation and the steep slopes as well. Nevertheless, the views from the top are breathtaking! Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climb is not not very difficult (but is pretty steep during the whole climb), nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climbs we recommend at least 4 - 6 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible and go for either Cotopaxi or Cayambe first.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on email@example.com or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers
- transportation in private vehicle from / to Quito
- accommodation at high camp with dinner and breakfast
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified (lunch on day 1, snacks for the ascent)
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag & pad for the camp, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
DAY 1 + 2
Pick up in Quito at approx. 09.00 am, we head towards Chimborazo National Park and have lunch on the way. After check in at the gate we drive up to the parking lot at 4800 m / 15750 ft, and hike then up to the high camp at 5300 m / 17400 ft, where we spend the night in tents or domes. After an early dinner we try to rest, have breakfast around midnight and get prepared for a 6 - 8 hours ascent to CHIMBORAZO SUMMIT (6263 m / 20548 ft). Ideally after admiring a wonderful sunrise from the summit of Chimborazo we descend to high camp where we pick up our stuff, have a small snack and then continue downwards to our vehicles. Transportation back to Quito, end of services.
tech. data day 1: ↑ 500 m / 1640 ft | → 2,1 km / 1.3 mi
tech. data day 2: ↑ 1000 m / 3280 ft ↓ 1500 m / 4920 ft | ↔ 7,9 km / 4.9 mi
catering day 1: - / L / D
catering day 2: B / - / - (snacks for ascent will be provided)