Climbing the iconic Cotopaxi Volcano (5.897 m / 19,347 ft), which is an epic target for many mountaineers coming to Ecuador. This beauty is said to be the world's highest active volcano. The view into its huge crater is simply breathtaking. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climb is not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climb we recommend at least 3 - 4 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible. In this 5 day-package acclimatization is taken care of, further you'll get to know some of the highlights of the Ecuadorian Andean region, among them Quilotoa crater lake, Pasochoa and Iliniza Norte.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (NATIONAL / ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers on glaciated mountains, 1 guide during the rest of the trip
- transportation in private vehicle during the tour (from / to Quito)
- accommodation as per itinereray (or similar - depending on availability)
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified in the itinerary
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag for hut, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- other entrance fees (eg. in the city for churches etc.)
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
You are booking as a group of 3 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber or for less than 3 people, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
Start after breakfast, we drive to parking area and hike throught the beautiful andean grassland to the summit of PASOCHOA (4.200 m / 13,780 ft) - time to the summit depending on route about 2 - 4 hours. If your are in great shape we go for the 2 summits of Pasochoa. After a small rest on the summit we descend to our vehicle and continue to our accommodation.
tech. data: ↑↓ 900 m / 2950 ft | ↔ 11,3 km / 7 mi
catering: - / LB / D
accommodation in Ilinizas Lodge in El Chaupi (3.600 m / 11.800 ft) in single / double / triple rooms with dinner and breakfast included