Climbing Iliniza Norte (5.126 m / 16,818 ft) is one of the easier mountains with more than 5.000 m height. The tour is technically not difficult, but some acclimatization and fitness are required. Iliniza Norte is a perfect acclimatization tour, preparing oneself for Cotopaxi or Chimborazo. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climb we recommend at least 2 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on email@example.com or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 4 climbers
- transportation in private vehicle from / to Quito
- accommodation at refuge with dinner and breakfast
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified (lunch on day 1)
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag for huts, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
DAY 1 + 2
Pick up in Quito at approx. 10.00 am, drive to the parking area in the Natural Reserve Los Ilinizas (3970 m / 13020 ft), hike up to the Refugio Nuevos Horizontes (approx. 3 hours) at 4730 m / 15520 ft, where we will spend the night at the refuge with dinner and breakfast included.
Early in the morning we continue the ascent to ILINIZA NORTE (5.126 m / 16,818 ft), approx. 2 to 3-hour-tour with nice rock scrambling sections to the summit, descent back to the refuge for getting our luggage and then down to the parking lot, transfer back to our accommodation.
tech. data day 1: ↑ 760 m / 2490 ft | → 4,7 km / 2.9 mi
tech. data day 2: ↑ 390 / 1280 ft ↓ 1150 m / 3770 ft | ↔ 9,3 km / 5.8 mi
catering day 1: - / LB / D
catering day 2: B / - / -