Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is definitely a challenging plan! A perfect warm up for that is the rocky and icy summit of Iliniza Sur (5.246 m / 17,211 ft) as well as the exciting climb of Antisana (5.758 m / 18,891 ft). Additionally we go for an acclimatization climb on Pasochoa. The night at the Chimborazo high camp requires good preparation and its steep slopes as well. Nevertheless, the views from the top are breathtaking! Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Iliniza Sur and Antisana are considered technical climbs, you should come prepared! And of course good fitness is required as well.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climbs we recommend at least 1 - 2 additional days of preparation, in and around Quito before heading for the climbs.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on email@example.com or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers
- transportation in private vehicle from / to Quito and during the tour
- accommodation as per itinerary
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag & pad for the camp, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
With full payment or partial payment of the tour the climber accepts the latest version of andean summit adventure's terms and conditions, which can be downloaded HERE.
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
You are booking as a group of 3 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber or group of 2, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
Start after breakfast, we drive to the parking area and hike throught the beautiful andean grassland to the summit of PASOCHOA (4.200 m / 13,780 ft) - time to the summit depending on route about 2 - 4 hours. If your are in great shape we go for the 2 summits of Pasochoa. After a small rest on the summit we descend to our vehicle and continue to our accommodation.
tech. data: ↑↓ 900 m / 2950 ft | ↔ 11,3 km / 7 mi
catering: - / LB / D
accommodation in single / double / triple rooms incl. breakfast in Ilinizas Lodge in El Chaupi (3550 m / 10990 ft)