Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is definitely a challenging plan! A perfect warm up for that is the rocky and icy summit of Iliniza Sur (5.246 m / 17,211 ft). Additionally we recommend a good acclimatization schedule. The night at the high camp requires good preparation and the steep slopes as well. Nevertheless, the views from the top are breathtaking! Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climb is not not very difficult (but is pretty steep during the whole climb), nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience as well.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climbs we recommend at least 4 - 6 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible and go for either Cotopaxi or Cayambe first.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers
- transportation in private vehicle from / to Quito
- accommodation at high camp with dinner and breakfast
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified (lunch on day 1, snacks for the ascent)
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag & pad for the camp, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
DAY 1 + 2
After breakfast (approx. 10 am), drive to the parking area in the Natural Reserve Los Ilinizas (3970 m / 13020 ft), hike up to the Refugio Nuevos Horizontes (approx. 3 hours) at 4730 m / 15520 ft, where we will spend the night at the refuge with dinner and breakfast included.
Early in the morning (approx. 3 am) we have breakfast and continue the ascent to ILINIZA SUR (5.246 m / 17,211 ft), approx. 3 to 4-hour-tour with some rock climbing sections as well as icy ramps on the way to the summit, descent back to the refuge for getting our luggage and then down to the parking lot, transfer back to our accommodation.
tech. data day 1: ↑ 760 m / 2490 ft | → 4,7 km / 2.9 mi
tech. data day 2: ↑ 510 / 1670 ft ↓ 1270 m / 4160 ft | ↔ 8,2 km / 5.1 mi
catering day 1: - / LB / D
catering day 2: B / - / D (snacks for the ascent are included)
accommodation with dinner and breakfast in single / double / triple rooms in Ilinizas Lodge