Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is definitely a challenging plan! A perfect warm up for that is the rocky and icy summit of Iliniza Sur (5.246 m / 17,211 ft). Additionally we recommend a good acclimatization schedule. The night at the high camp requires good preparation and the steep slopes as well. Nevertheless, the views from the top are breathtaking! Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climb is not not very difficult (but is pretty steep during the whole climb), nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience as well.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climbs we recommend at least 2 - 3 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude. We have included Ruminahui Climb and a night at Tambopaxi Lodge.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers
- transportation in private vehicle from / to Quito
- accommodation at high camp with dinner and breakfast
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified (lunch on day 1, snacks for the ascent)
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag & pad for the camp, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
Start after breakfast, drive to the parking area at Limpiopungo Lagoon in Cotopaxi National Park, where we start our climb. We hike towards the central summit of RUMIÑAHUI (4.722 m / 15,492 ft), the approximate time to the summit is 3 - 4 hours. After enjoying wonderful views of neighbouring Cotopaxi we descend to our vehicle and return to our accommodation.
tech. data: ↑ 800 m / 2620 ft ↓ 800 m / 2620 ft | ↔ 12 km / 7.5 mi
catering: - / LB / D
accommodation in dorm in Tambopaxi Lodge with dinner and breakfast