Climbing Cotopaxi Volcano (5.897 m / 19,347 ft), which is another epic target for many mountaineers coming to Ecuador. This beauty is said to be the world's highest active volcano. The view into its huge crater is simply breathtaking. Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climbs are not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climbs we recommend at least 3 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on firstname.lastname@example.org or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (NATIONAL / ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers on glaciated mountains, 1 guide during the rest of the trip
- transportation in private vehicle during the tour (from / to Quito)
- accommodation as per itinereray (or similar - depending on availability)
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified in the itinerary
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag + pad for huts and camps, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- other entrance fees (eg. in the city for churches etc.)
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
You are booking as a group of 3 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber or for less than 3 people, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
Pick Up: 07h00 Start after breakfast, drive to the parking area at Limpiopungo Lagoon in Cotopaxi National Park, where we start our climb. We hike towards the central summit of RUMIÑAHUI (4.722 m / 15,492 ft), the approximate time to the summit is 3 - 4 hours. After enjoying wonderful views of neighbouring Cotopaxi we descend to our vehicle and return to Quito.
tech. data day: ↑ 800 m / 2620 ft ↓ 800 m / 2620 ft | ↔ 12 km / 7.5 mi
catering: - / LB / -