Climbing Mout Meru 1-day itinerary Cost with zoom tours. Our 1 day Meru hike package is designed for guest who have limited time and have no interests of reaching the summit of the second highest Mountain in Tanzania. You will get luck to learn about people living in the up-side of the mountain while viewing the breath-taking greenery and some animals. It starts from Tengeru Cultural Center 12km's from Arusha Town in the slopes of the mountain. Mount Meru 1 day climbing last for seven hours you will cover 18kms going up and down.
Even just hiking and camping on the slopes or visiting the ash cone in the much lower crater are walking safaris that I can warmly recommend. You will be amazed by the amount of wildlife you can find on this mountain, the vegetation is stunning all the way, and Meru simply isn't as overrun as Kilimanjaro is. (For people who are doing walking safaris on the lower slopes or in other areas of Arusha National Park there are several campgrounds. And for those wanting to do a safari in style there are a couple of very comfortable lodges just outside Arusha National Park
•At 08:00 after-breakfast drive to Tengeru Cultural Center. Upon arrival you will enjoy a fresh cup of herbal tea while having a briefing from your guide about the day hike.
• 9:00hrs the hiking starts. You will follow the tropical trails under banana canopy while listening to some brilliant legendary stories about Meru from your guide. The majority of the hike is more like walking up a steep hill by passing farms and village houses.
• 12:00hrs the hike definitely steers up your appetite this is why we'd stop at a comfortable spot for lunch.
• 13:00hrs After lunch the hiking continues for an hour and we'd reach the Meru falls. The altitude here is 22000meters the falls are gigantic and refreshing. You may take a dip. After all while not while you are an adventurous person!
• 16:00hrs After taking a few hours relaxing and enjoying scenery we'd start going back to the center.
• 17:00hrs We’d be back at the center where you will be transferred back to your residence or hotel in Arusha Town.