Colca Canyon is an impressive area in the Andean region of Peru. Many who visit compare it to the Grand Canyon in the USA - but it is twice as deep, and part of a vast, incredible mountain range.
Arequipa and Colca Canyon offer you the chance to immerse yourself in the unfathomable beauty of the Andes, while appreciating pre-colonial culture and seeing uncommon animal life up close.
Itinerary, departing from Arequipa year-round:
- Day 1 - Pick-up from hotel, drive through national parks. Animal watching (llamas, vicuñas, alpacas and condors), visit to inactive volcanoes, panorama viewpoint of Andes, thermal baths, folkloric dance show, stay in hotel
- Day 2 - "Cruz del Cóndor," view of Colca Valley, pre-Inca tombs, visit colonial towns and churches, view local farmlands, drive back to Arequipa
Included in this trip:
- All transportation - comfortable tour bus, transfers from hotel
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee to the Colca Valley
- 1 night accommodation in Chivay