Climbing Chimborazo Volcano (6263 m / 20548 ft) - the world's highest mountain measured from the center of the earth - is definitely a challenging plan, therefore we recommend a good acclimatization schedule. Included in the itinerary, the iconic Cotopaxi Volcano (5897 m / 19347 ft), which is another epic target for many mountaineers coming to Ecuador. This beauty is said to be the world's highest active volcano. The view into its huge crater is simply breathtaking. Also part of the adventure is the summit of Iliniza Norte (5.126 m / 16,818 ft). Definitely a trip of a lifetime - join us!
Technically the climbs are not very difficult, nevertheless good fitness is required and some previous glacier travel experience highly recommended.
Another very important point is proper acclimatization. To really enjoy the climbs we recommend at least 2 - 3 days of preparation, including hikes in altitude and steadily increasing your sleeping altitude if possible.
Any questions? Reach out to our climbing experts on email@example.com or +593968959533 (WhatsApp or call).
- see program / itinerary
- certified bi-lingual guide (NATIONAL / ASEGUIM / IVBV - UIAGM - IFMGA), max. 1 guide per 2 climbers on glaciated mountains
- transportation in private vehicle during the tour (from / to Quito or on the way)
- accommodation at refuge on Cotopaxi, high camp on Chimborazo with dinner and breakfast
- park entrance fees & climbing permits
- meals as specified in the itinerary
- group equipment: ropes and other guiding gear
- catering (see program)
- personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe, carabiners, screws, slings etc.)
- sleeping bag for huts & camp, boots and other private equipment - check our equipment list
- insurances (please make sure that you have an insurance covering risks of mountain climbing)
- cost for program changes
- tips & any other expenses not explicitly mentioned
- 60 or more days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be refunded, minus handling & administrative charges (if any)
- 59 - 30 days prior to departure: 50% of the total amount paid will be forfeited
- 29 and less days prior to departure: the total amount paid will be forfeited
You are an individual climber and want to book a private tour / guide.
You are booking as a group of 2 or more people.
Please note that in case you select this option as an individual climber, your booking might be subject to cancellation, as we do not offer open groups.
APPROXIMATE TIMES (subject to change according to conditions and fitness level of participants):
Early start at approx. 7 am, drive to the parking area in the Natural Reserve Los Ilinizas (3970 m / 13020 ft), register at the entrance and at approx. 9 am start of the hike up to the Refugio Nuevos Horizontes (approx. 2 - 3 hours) at 4730 m / 15520 ft, where we will have a short rest.
Afterwards we continue the ascent to ILINIZA NORTE (5.126 m / 16,818 ft), approx. 2-hour-tour with nice rock scrambling sections to the summit, descent via a steep alternate route down to the parking lot, transfer back to your accommodation.
tech. data: ↑ 1150 m / 3770 ft | → 7,1 km / 4.4 mi & ↓ 1150 m / 3770 ft | → 5,4 km / 3.6 mi
catering: - / LB / -
accommodation not included on day 1