On this inspirational pilgrimage to the land of myth, mystery and magic, you can embrace opportunities to enrich your writing, meet like-minded individuals, and realize your creative dreams.
Your tour package will include private consultations, group classes, workshops, and individual attention aimed at your personal needs.
In between those classes and workshops, you’ll have all-day or partial-day tours with a professional guide of the most famous, infamous, well-known, and hidden sites in the west of Ireland. From cliffs that soar 700 feet above the Atlantic, to a 12th century castle, to the forest said to be home of the King of the Faeries of Connaught, to the prehistoric dun fort on the island of Inis Mor . . . and that’s just a few of the beautiful places you’ll visit. After these busy tour and writing days, you can have leisurely evening meals with other writers, listen to stories before a fire, or just cozy up with a book.
During the conference week, three multi-published author/editors will teach a variety of craft topics like, how to make a premise more compelling, a plot more concise, and create characters that are lifelike enough to walk off the page. You’ll experience in-depth workshops applicable to your current work in progress, and also receive individualized professional feedback from both author/editors. At the end of the week, you'll leave the Emerald Isle with memories of faerie forests and castles, and ammunition to make your story stand out.
To find out more, please visit our website: http://www.irelandwritertours.com/
- Please be sure to check our ‘More Interesting Bits’ page on the Ireland Writer Tours website for helpful travel hints and fun articles. This is where you’ll find articles about informative books to read and films to see before traveling to Ireland; info about money and temperature conversation; writing tips; Irish customs and history, etc. We have new posts every two weeks: http://www.irelandwritertours.com/p/more-interesting-bits_2.html
- After you've signed up for the retreat, you'll be sent a "Liability Waiver" and a "Terms and Conditions" document for you to sign and return to: email@example.com
- Also after sign up, we’re happy to help with advice about flights, easy airport bus connections, where to stay if you arrive early or stay after the retreat/tour, etc.
- Before your journey, you’ll receive several helpful emails, including: “How to Avoid Jet Lag,” “What to Pack,” and more.
- We’ll connect with each participant individually, by email, as well as via Skype or Google Hangouts, if you wish, to speak in-person, and answer any questions prior to the retreat/tour.
- The first day of the tour we'll meet up at a designated time and easy-access location, so you won’t have to worry about getting lost!
Our Tour begins at 2:00pm with a shuttle pick up in Galway City Participants are whisked away to the hotel where they can freshen up before -