Experience the spectacular DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK, the land of contrasts that captivates the imagination, a paradise for nature enthusiasts, and unbeatable Fall and Winter Season destination!
This trip is a great combination of the best highlights and landscapes, diverse hiking and comfortable rustic-style lodging. After the day of exploring, relax and chill out at Tecopa hot springs under incredible starlight!
Trip start/end: Las Vegas, NV
Level of hiking: Beginners & Intermediate
Daily hiking distances: approx. 5+ mi/ day
Kids: 16+ (no discount is given)
October is still a hot autumn month in Death Valley, with average day temperature varying between 88°F (31°C) and 60°F (16°C) . Night temperature can fall to around 44F (6°C).
We will be hiking in early mornings, on a hilly landscape and it is going to be warm and comfortable weather. However, be ready to layer up for chilly mornings and evenings.
What to bring:
- A small-size suitcase or Duffel bag or a Backpack for your main luggage (Note: Please don't bring too big and bulky backpacks)
- A small backpack 25-30L for day-hikes (to carry a water reservoir, an extra layer, a hiking snack, sun block, and a personal first aid kit).
- Head lamp (it is good to have light when your hands are free always keep it in your backpack on a hiking trail)
- Trekking poles – optional (if you are used to hike with trekking poles, bring them. Otherwise, not necessary. Note: Hiking poles are not allowed in carry on luggage)
- Water bottle or camelback reservoir (1.5-2L)
- Several zip lock bags for your personal garbage/leftovers during hiking days
- Sunblock (UV 50+) & lip balm
- Personal toiletries : toothpaste, toothbrush etc.
- Your personal first aid kit (personal medications you can’t do without). The guide will have essentials.
- Face covering (needed on a flight and indoor public places, visitor centers etc)
- Ear plugs, if you are a sensitive sleeper
Outfit for hiking:
- Good sturdy high-ankled hiking boots, well-worn before the trip (!) Please don’t bring brand new boots, try them a few times on hiking trails before the trip, to avoid painful blisters while on a trip
- Comfortable tennis shoes (it's good to have a change of shoes for off-trail activities)
- Light hiking pants (shorts or yoga pants are not recommended – to prevent sunburns)
- Light long-sleeved loose shirt (for sun protection)
- A change of long/short-sleeved t-shirts for hiking (preferably a quick-dry fabric, not cotton)
- A change of long hiking socks (not cotton. merino wool is the best)
- Comfortable outfit for sleeping in a cabin (PJs)
- Fleece jacket or light sweater
- A down-jacket for chilly evenings and mornings
For hot springs:
- Flip flops
- Sarong or big towel, some bath robes for hot springs - to walk from hot springs to your cabin. It is not comfortable to go to hot springs in hiking clothes
- Swimming suite – they have opened a nice outdoor basin and several hot tubs
Participant can cancel their trip anytime prior departure with the following penalties:
Registration deposit (if applicable) is non-refundable after being paid;
Cancellation 30 to 21 days before departure - up to 50% of the Trip cost
Cancellation 20 to 0 calendar days before departure – non refundable
Trip cancellation insurance is advisable; it protects all registration deposits and payments for both air and land cost.
Arrival in Las Vegas on the evening flight btw 5-8PM
Meet at the airport and drive to Tecopa Hot Springs ( 1.5 hrs).
Overnight at Tecopa Delight Hot Springs resort.