Transform your life and your practice with Kootenay Yoga School on beautiful Isla Mujeres. Our students will be supported in gaining the skills and confidence to lead meaningful classes, will find their own authentic practice, and will flourish in the community environment designed to be nurturing.
Each student will leave this 200 hour immersive program with practical knowledge of 45 traditional poses, embodied practice designing sequences, and the confidence to inspire students to love their bodies through the practice of yoga.
Our time during the training will be grounded in meditation and applying the philosophy and practice of yoga to our daily lives. Each student will have the opportunity to practice teaching small groups. This transformative 15-day intensive will open doors of perception and catalyze shifts in the way we relate to ourselves, each other and our yoga practice.
This course will include daily yoga and meditation practice, asana and pranayama labs, and a variety of workshops designed to help you gain the knowledge and confidence to lead students in asana classes and workshops of your own. Topics are not limited to :
-Anatomy of Yoga
-Detailed description and practice of 45 traditional Yoga poses
-Introduction to Pranayama
-Yoga Nidra and Deep Relaxation
-The Eight Limbs of Yoga
-Yamas and Niyamas
-How to Lead Meditation
-Sequencing an Asana Class Your Students Will Love
-The Magic of Savasana
While we aim to maintain a tranquil and healthy environment for our students, there are various risks associated with travel and participation. Risks can include, but are not limited to :
1. Injury in participation - While we guide our students through safe techniques, it is not impossible to suffer an injury while participating in this program. We must insist that students maintain medical insurance adequate for travel and potential out of country medical care.
2. Dehydration - The school will provide unlimited filtered drinking water, and tea. It is important to listen to your body and keep your consumption of fluid up. Students will find they need to drink substantially more water, and often add in electrolytes.
3. Dangers off-site and in transit - Isla Mujeres is known throughout Mexico and the Caribbean as a safe and tranquil location to vacation and explore. With that said, there are dangers in any community. Kootenay Yoga School is not responsible for any accident on or off the school property. We ask that students explore with caution, enjoy the island with a friend or two, and use careful judgement around off-site activities.
4. Covid - Although the island has traditionally had very low cases of covid, there is still the risk of contracting this while in the program or in transit. We insist that students notify us immediately if they have any symptoms of illness. In the case that symptoms align with those of Covid 19, students will be required to take a test and isolate. Kootenay Yoga School is not responsible for costs associated with this, but will assist students in completing the program or making up missed educational hours where possible.
5. Mosquito illness - Isla Mujeres has had cases and seasons where various mosquito illnesses are present. These illnesses can include Zika, Chikungunya, and most commonly Denque Fever. While these illnesses are often not serious, in some cases they are. We ask that students research the risks and speak with their trusted medical professional should they have questions specific to the risk associated with these illnesses. Kootenay Yoga School will maintain a regular spray schedule at the school, and will provide supplementary mosquito repelling products - but in general students are responsible for supplying these things. Kootenay Yoga School is not responsible for medical care ore expenses associated with a mosquito illness. Here are a few excellent sites to learn more about theses risks:
This program is special because it is designed to feel immersive, NOT intensive. Our days are filled with diverse activities, inspired poolside seminars, and sunrise meditations to truly embrace the first sun touching the island.
Isla Mujeres is celebrate internationally as a magic city - with our center located just 500 meters away from Punta Sur National Healing Center. A truly special location for an experience such as this.
Our team is comprised of authentic wellness professionals, all dedicated to providing top level education in a way that feels inspired and fun.
We provide simple accommodation in a lush jungle property. Three home cooked, nutritious meals are served daily - with attention to regional and seasonal offerings.
7:00am-9:00am Morning practice in the outdoor shala
9:00am-10:00am Breakfast served in the garden
10:00am-12:30pm Morning lab delivered poolside
12:30pm-2:00pm Lunch served in the garden and independent journal / study time
2:00pm-4:00pm Asana lab
4:00pm-6:00pm Anatomy class
6:00pm-6:30pm Group check in circle
6:30pm-7:15pm Dinner served in the garden
7:15pm-9:00pm Evening Nidra class
*This schedule changes day to day