After a year like 2020, we’re ready to explore with our people again. If you’re looking to connect with your ancestral roots in West Africa, meet like-minded Black travelers, and authentically experience Ghanian culture, come through!
Join us on our annual NYE trip to Accra, Ghana, December 27, 2021 - January 3, 2022.
It’s been over 400 years since our ancestors were stolen from the shores of West Africa and brought to the Americas against their will. Now, we’re traveling back to the motherland to connect with our roots and turn up--it’s our birthright.
We've been curating trips to Ghana since 2019 and are well connected in Accra and beyond. From the best place to grab brunch (rooftop mimosas, anyone?) to hidden waterfalls, we're locked in with the locals.
When we're not hosting group trips, we curate personal travel experiences for Black travelers and host meet-ups worldwide.
Check out our past trips here: https://buoyanttravel.squarespace.com/trips/ghana2019
While we fully anticipate Afrochella 2021 (and other local events or tours) to take place on December 27, 2021, we are awaiting full details per Ghana's COVID-19 restrictions and regulations.
In the event that Afrochella 2021 (or other local events or tours) are canceled due to COVID-19, Buoyant reserves the right to replace the itinerary activities with applicable activities.
Terms and Conditions (Please Read In Full):
*Accommodations are based on single occupancy due to COVID-19. Rooms will feature one full bed. However, travelers who book together can request a shared room. Shared room choices cannot be changed after booking.
*Flights are not included. However, we can help you find the best flight options. Please plan to arrive in Accra by 4 PM on December 27, 201.
* Due to the nature of Buoyant trips, acts of nature, or other unforeseen interruptions, please note the itinerary schedule may change without notice.
* Travel Insurance is NOT included but is highly recommended. You agree that Buoyant is not responsible for any injuries, lost or stolen property, canceled or missed flights, or death by booking this trip.
* If you choose to opt-out of any scheduled itinerary activities, Buoyant will not provide refunds or trip credits.
* In the case of an emergency which requires trip cancellation, this will be handled on a case-by-case basis. $250 deposits are nonrefundable.
* You must be willing to provide us with a copy of the following by the requested deadline (TBA): yellow fever card, valid passport, valid Ghana visa, and emergency contact information.
* The trip activities, tours, and accommodations advertised by Buoyant are pre-planned. Occasionally, it may be necessary for us to make changes, and we reserve the right to do so at any time. We will notify travelers of any changes.
* Ghana is not a western country. They have a stable infrastructure and booming tourism industry but things will not operate as they would in a country like the US or UK. Please be flexible and open-minded in the case of delays or changes.
We will cross-check everything to ensure the smoothest trip possible. However, there are potential hiccups (holiday traffic, slow customer service, tardy events, etc.). If you lack patience, this trip will not be enjoyable for you, and we would love for you to join us for a different experience.
Cancellation By Buoyant:
Any traveler who books our December 2021 Ghana experience will be notified about cancellations no later than October 31, 2021. While we are almost sure that COVID-19 will not interfere with our December trip, we will continue monitoring and following all CDC recommendations.
If Buoyant cancels this trip, all registered attendees will receive a full refund of any trip payments made until Buoyant's point of trip cancellation. However, the $250 deposit remains non-refundable as it is an administrative fee for our small team.
Cancellation By Guest:
Buoyant will not honor any trip cancellation requests made after September 30, 2021, for non-COVID-19 related reasons.
Buoyant will honor trip cancellations due to COVID-19* up until December 13, 2021. Trip cancellation requests must be received in writing to email@example.com by December 13, 2021, at 6 PM ET.
If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19, Buoyant will not issue a full refund. Partial refunds may be given on a case-by-case basis. If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 and can no longer attend the trip, Buoyant needs to be notified in writing by December 24, 2021, at 6 PM ET.
If a traveler can no longer make it due to an emergency (death, serious injury, etc.), we would review on a case-by-case basis. We approach every situation with empathy because things happen!
We highly recommend purchasing personal travel insurance and self-isolating as much as possible within 14 days before arriving in Ghana.
*COVID-19 Cancellation Reasons include:
We will pick you up from Kotoka International Airport and whisk you away to our cozy boutique accommodations in the Osu neighborhood of Accra.
A Buoyant gift will await you, and as you settle into your room, our team will be preparing for tonight's welcome dinner.
At dinner, you will get your first taste of Ghana with authentic local dishes. This is the perfect time to connect with the other travelers who you'll be exploring alongside over the next week.
Meals Included: Dinner