Join the Epic trekking expedition in Nepal to the foot of Everest!
This adventure will definitely be one of the most significant self-accomplishments and travel experiences of your life!
National Geographic traveler featured this route as, “the adventure of a lifetime,” and, “the world's best mountain scenery”
- Explore Nepal Everest region with its snow-capped Himalayan peaks, mountain rivers and valleys during 9-day trekking expedition.
- Reach Everest basecamp (5360m), the place where the most courageous climbers from all over the world begin their fearless journey to the summit. Get closer to the legend
- Watch the Sunrise over Mt. Everest from Kalapathar summit (5545m), the highest point of the trek
- Take an unforgettable scenic helicopter flight on the way back , see Himalaya massif from above
- Experience a spiritual journey to the one of the most mystic and sacred places in the World
- The trail is marked with Buddhist prayers and sacred stones, you will visit ancient monasteries and learn about the local sherpa culture
- Support local communities in the remote areas of Nepal. We will hire porters from villages to carry our luggage, and stay in the basic, but clean and welcoming tea-houses (guest-houses) run by sherpa families. We will bring gifts and learning materials for the local kids
- Travel in a fun and supportive team of hiking buddies and assisted by professional team of Tour Leader (Nepali culture expert & climber), local mountain guide and porters to carry your luggage
This trip is for experienced hikers ONLY. This is not a technical trek, you don't need any professional climbing skills or equipment, but you will need stamina and being in the perfect physical shape. Good preparation before the trek is a MUST.
- 1 local flight (Kathmandu - Lukla)
- Helicopter flight on the way back to Kathmandu
- Airport transfers
- Accommodation: standard hotel in Kathmandu w/breakfast (4nights), basic lodges on trek (9 nights)
- Trekking permits for Everest Region
- Trekking staff: Guides, Porters (carry your luggage and gear)
- Team-leader: experienced climber, expert in nepali culture
- All trip arrangements, logistics and bookings
- International flights (from SFO $650 round trip)
- Pocket expenses (meals, water & drinks, hot shower during the trek, tips, wi-fi, admission to the sights in Kathmandu, rentals for the trek) – allow additional $400-450
- Entry visa to Nepal $25
- Travel Insurance (medical expenses and rescue) $80
After the rainy season is over, the month of April is considered the best time to go, allowing the best views, flowering meadows, blue sky and relatively warm weather during the day and not very cold at night.
The altitudes range from 2,840m/9300feet to 5,545m/18192feet. Day/night air temperatures vary significantly. Normally the mornings are warm, and walking in T-shirts is pleasant. But if the afternoon is cloudy, the temperature can drop to just above freezing with the possibility of snow. At night, up high, it will definitely drop below freezing.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: ACTIVE, CHALLENGING
You need to be fit – a hill-walker, someone who takes regular exercise. Expect hiking up and downhill 4-8 hours daily at the high altitudes. Trekking can be difficult in parts, but within the capabilities of any healthy person with an established level of walking fitness. Often endurance and the right positive mindset helps. Walk at your own pace – slow and steady is the way to go. Remember, this is not a competition or race. Being fit is not the primary control here, it is how you deal with altitude. Additional days of stay at the high altitudes are included to ensure the adequate acclimatization.
WHAT YOU CARRY:
You carry only your personal daypack (25-28L) – a light backpack for the daily trekking needs (water flask, camera, energy bars, sunscreen, additional layer - jacket). Porters will carry your luggage in a duffel bag (total weight of your luggage up to 12Kg)
Registered participants (those who RSVP with deposit paid) get a detailed travel info-session, packing checklist and other important info in preparation for the trek.
Arrival to Kathmandu. Altitude alt. 4265 feet/1500m. Meet and transfer to tibetan-style boutique-hotel. Relax and overnight.