Española Island is known for its natural beauty, it is considered a paradise for birdwatchers.
Española Island is, with 60 km², one of the smallest that form the Ecuadorian archipelago of the Galapagos Islands. Two places are especially popular with visitors: Gardner Bay, which has a beach renowned for its beauty, and Punta Suarez, which is interesting for its variety of birds.
If you are in San Cristobal and not Visit this island someday you are going to regret
Group type: Not private (shared)
Max travelers per product: 10
* Not wheelchair accessible
* Children must be accompanied by an adult
* This is travel by boat, please plan accordingly (i.e motion sickness medication)
* This tour is on boat and we practice snorkeling activity
* There no drop off in the hotel, the tour end in Puerto Baquerzo Moreno's Dock
* Wet suits is not included you must rent by yourself if you decide
Level of difficulty:
* Most travelers can participate
Guides and languages in person:
* English, Spanish
Policy type: All sales final
Travelers will not receive any refund regardless of cancellation status.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
* This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
The meeting point will be at the Puerto Baquerizo`s Pier at 07:30 am,where you will start the adventure with a navigation of 2 hours (approx.) to the Española Island. The first stop will start with a 2-hour walk. Along the way you will see some of the most emblematic species of Galápagos: the Galapagos Albatross (only during the mating season from March to January), Blue-footed Booby, the Nazca Piqueros (that nest there) and the colorful iguanas of Española.
After this walk and back on the boat you will sail to the Gardner Islet and where we can snorkel equipment (mask and fins) to explore the waters of Gardner Bay to swim with sea lions, Galapagos sharks, goldfish and marine iguanas.
Then we will return to San Cristóbal and return to Puerto Baquerizo around 4:30 - 5:00 p.m.