Visit one of the lava tunnels of Isabela Island and transport yourself to remote times through these unique and ancient geological formations. The volcanic origin of the Enchanted Islands is admired in indescribable landscapes such as these that will take your breath away and motivate you to explore and live an incomparable experience.
Group type: Not private (shared)
Max travelers per product: 10
* Not wheelchair accessible
* Children must be accompanied by an adult
* This is travel by boat, please plan accordingly (i.e motion sickness medication)
* This tour is on boat and we practice snorkeling activity
* There no drop off in the hotel, the tour end in Puerto Villamil's Dock
* Wet suits is not included you must rent by yourself if you decide
Level of difficulty:
* Most travelers can participate
Guides and languages in person:
* English, Spanish
Policy type: All sales final
Travelers will not receive any refund regardless of cancellation status.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
* This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
The guide will pick you up in the lobby of the hotel, (Hotel pick up inside the urban perimeter of Puerto Villamil) or we can give you a good meeting point to join with us.
The tour to the Tunnels lasts approximately 1 hour and a half to 2 hours. Once in this sector, the boat will travel the different paths through the tunnels where you can clearly observe the landscape of the place, we go to Roca Unión, a small islet located in the open sea where you can see Pelicans, Nazca Boobies and Patas Boobies. Blue and one or another sea lion resting on the rocks.
We will sail for about 45 minutes approx to reach the most beautiful rocky lava formations of the Galapagos, they are called tunnels because in ancient eruptions, the lava passed under the ground forming tunnels that later collapsed and gave rise to these arches. on the water where you can clearly see vegetation that comes out of the rocks, the crystal clear water, the sea lions flutter between the arches.
We will snorkel with sea turtles, "tintoreras" sharks, golden rays, eagle rays, seahorses, fish such as surgeons, damselfish, after having done the two activities we prepare for the return to Isabela.
Drop off in Puerto Villamil's dock, you have to go to the hotel by yourlself