Rock formation that rises above the sea located in the western part, on the outskirts of San Cristóbal Island. Alternately known as Kicker Rock.
We find the natural monument a great attraction for its amazing shape and for being a strategic point for birds, as it also stands out as a preferred and recommended site for snorkeling and diving activities due to the great biodiversity under the sea that surrounds it.
One of the best spots for snorkeling, Kicker Rock or Leon Dormido is an amazing rock formation near San Cristobal Island
Group type: Not private (shared)
Max travelers per product: 10
* Not wheelchair accessible
* Children must be accompanied by an adult
* This is travel by boat, please plan accordingly (i.e motion sickness medication)
* This tour is on boat and we practice snorkeling activity
* There no drop off in the hotel, the tour end in Puerto Baquerzo Moreno's Dock
* Wet suits is not included you must rent by yourself if you decide
Level of difficulty:
* Most travelers can participate
Guides and languages in person:
* English, Spanish
Policy type: All sales final
Travelers will not receive any refund regardless of cancellation status.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
* This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
We meet the traveler at the dock of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, then we will take you to the boat in order to move to Leon Dormido
This amazing landmark located about an hour and a half to the north east of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, Kicker Rock / Leon Dormido is a remnant of a vertical tuff cone formation, rising almost 153 meters (500 feet) from the ocean.
The erosion has given the rock its characteristic shape, which some see as a shoe, hence the name Kicker Rock. Others see it as a sleeping sea lion or Leon Dormido in Spanish.
While we snorkel around Kicker Rock we can spot sea turtles, marine iguanas, rays, Galapagos sharks, tropical fish and if luck is on our side we can even see hammerhead sharks. Besides enjoying the underwater view, we can usually see blue-footed boobies, masked boobies and frigatebirds on the cliffs as well as sea lions along the shore.
End of our service