In this excursion you will enjoy about a tour experiential fishing around of Santa Fe, learn
about its wildlife and enjoy the nature, also will get the chance to stop at two snorkel
spots in order to practice this activity.
Group type: Not private (shared)
Max travelers per product: 10
* Not wheelchair accessible
* Children must be accompanied by an adult
* This is travel by boat, please plan accordingly (i.e motion sickness medication)
* This tour is on boat and we practice snorkeling activity
* There no drop off in the hotel, the tour end in Puerto Ayora's Dock
* Wet suits is not included you must rent by yourself if you decide
* We do not drop off in Santa Fe Island, it is just a boat tour
Level of difficulty:
* Most travelers can participate
Guides and languages in person:
* English, Spanish
Policy type: All sales final
Travelers will not receive any refund regardless of cancellation status.
This experience is non-refundable and cannot be changed for any reason. If you cancel or ask for an amendment, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
* This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
The guide will pick you up in the lobby of the hotel, (Hotel pick up inside the urban perimeter of Puerto Ayora) or we can give you a good meeting point to join with us.
We start at 08:00 in a previously stipulated place. We will be directed to the passenger boarding area that is located in the port of Santa Cruz and then board a boat that will take us to Santa Fe Island (southeast of Santa Cruz), in an estimated 50 minutes.
Once at the site, we do a panga ride in the bay to watch colonies of sea lions with their young. We will also have the iconic presence of Opuntia cacti and on many occasions seabirds such as the blue-footed booby.
As a second activity we do two snorkeling times around the reef area (45 minutes per snorkeling), where you can make an impressive appreciation of a marine fauna stocked by a number of endemic species. Lunch on board takes place between these activities.
Having reached this point on the itinerary, we headed to a third site called Playa Escondida (located on Santa Cruz Island). While we move to the place, an interactive experiential fishing is carried out. Already on the beach, you can choose at your convenience between relaxing in the crystal clear waters or resting on the sand.
Arrival at port may vary. Between 15:30 and 16:00 according to the forecast.
In this tour we will make 2 activities of snorkeling near the island in the best spots to see the local marine fauna, then we will start the experiential fishing activities, come with us to enjoy this fun activity.
The bay throughout its length and breadth is excellent for swimming and snorkeling. Sea turtles, rays, marine wolves,plenty of colorful fishes.
Once all the activities are done, you'll return to Puerto Ayora.